Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I like to know how may RPM the motor is going on the highway, at 80, 100 and 120 km/h? Is there any new lucky owner who can tell me?

How is the insonorisation in the CT? Is it comfortable to drive at about 120km/h? Ans is it quiet?

Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi guys,

I like to know how may RPM the motor is going on the highway, at 80, 100 and 120 km/h? Is there any new lucky owner who can tell me?

How is the insonorisation in the CT? Is it comfortable to drive at about 120km/h? Ans is it quiet?

Thanks for your reply!
i did 100mph, the rpm was at around 4000...pretty quite

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yes it's quiet...very quiet at all speeds, unless you're under load and going up a hill and the CVT engine downshifts, then it's a bit loud under the hood and in the cabin.

·
Registered
121 Posts
just flip it into sports mode and the tach will display - it won't come up if you are using cruise control though.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
coubs - pretty sure he doesn't own the CT yet...

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
VERY QUIET at fast highway speeds

Hi guys,

Thanks for your reply!
I ran it at 80 mph (128.74 kph) and it was very quiet. Very good sound proofing.

I turned it on sport mode to see the tach and it really varied because of the CVT.

With a little gas it was only 2,000 rpm ( wow 65 KM per 1,000rpm)

You let off and semi-coast an it drops down to 1,400 rpm ( ECVT is awesome, ( unvelivaeable 90 km per 1,000 RPM).

From a manual shift oriented guy, I am very impressed with the ECVT range :cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts
While I know it's ~supposed~ to sound this way, the "downshift roar" still bothers me a bit when I need to get up to speed, such as merging into traffic. I guess the engine is designed to handle this, but it sure sounds like it's banging away pretty hard under the hood...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually you can change it in setup so that tach is on in all modes. I set to this because I like to monitor RPM in any modes.

just flip it into sports mode and the tach will display - it won't come up if you are using cruise control though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I read most of the manual, and know you can make some changes to the tach, but I must have missed the part where it won't work when cruise is on -- I thought something was broken!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts