Lexus CT200h Forums banner
181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
That sucks sorry to hear.
I really hope Road Magnet takes care of this!

Finally go to get them installed and the shop calls and tells me they don't fit???
Purchased 10/5/2011 on Invoice# 100000110
I'll find out the damages for them not being able to change out the springs in a few.
This really sucks!!!

So Road Magnet sent the correctly marked box but the springs inside do not fit a CT200h.
It cost me $99 to find out Road Magnet put the wrong springs in their box.
I've sent a "contact us" inquiry to Road Magnet to see how the situation will be rectified.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hopefully they respond to my inquiry.
If not I guess I will have to call Road Magnet.

So sad. Road Magnet fails to respond to my inquiry.
I call them Monday...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Drop height- 1.1" Front & 1.2" Rear ???

I think the front need to drop lower than the rear,
stock setting front fender have a bigger gap than the rear,
which I think it look awkful!!!
if a 1.1" front and 1.2" rear as you mention,
it will look even worst!!!!!!!
my concept is to even out the fender clearance, not the ride height,
anyone agree? or is it just me?
It's not just you, I agree as well. I would't want the rear dropped more than the front.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Apparently, and I totally believe this, most independents want nothing to do with a Lexus. I guess this particular place didn't make that decision until after they had one strut assembly pulled. Road Magnet guaranteed they are the correct springs and I am going to end up just doing it myself. Yes, I will get a spring compresser.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got road magnet springs installed. It's a good drop but the back in noticeably lower then the front. I wish it were even!

·
Registered
65 Posts
all of those who are lowered with road magnet springs, how has the drop affected your ground clearance?

as much as i want to slam my car, i bought this car for the sake of practicality. i already have a s2000 that can't go over real speed bumps, i dont want to have to deal with this for the CT.

any information would be great!

·
Registered
16 Posts
all of those who are lowered with road magnet springs, how has the drop affected your ground clearance?

as much as i want to slam my car, i bought this car for the sake of practicality. i already have a s2000 that can't go over real speed bumps, i dont want to have to deal with this for the CT.

any information would be great!
I am actually the one you are talking to regarding buying my springs and I have never scraped when going over speed bumps at a reasonable speed. Sometimes you get really aggressive bumps that you have to slow down. I have never bottomed out while driving or under any normal situations. I loved the handling of the car when I had them on too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
ok so ... springs are in! the rears dropped a good 1.5 inch. starting ride height/ground clearance was 26.5 inch from ground to rear fender, after springs install that number went down to 25 inch!

the fronts however ... did not lower at all ... before/after pics show 26 inches from ground to fender. am i missing something here???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Contact Road Magnet. IIRC another member had a similar issue with rear drop being unequal.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just emailed them and got a super fast reply. Looks like I forgot to shave the bump stop..... whoops!

Is there a way I can do this without removing the front struts off the car? Compressing the spring is no fun, lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
I doubt that shaving bump stops will fix your drop. If you are currently ridin on your bump stops, your handling and ride must be awful.

·
Registered
192 Posts
here is the exact wording as copy/pasted from their email:

Hello evilchargerfan,

We are glad to hear that the install went well! Did you trim you bump stops in the front as well as in the rear?

Also, double check that the close coils in the front are toward the ground, and that the springs are sitting completely flush with their perches.

Have you driven the vehicle at all? If everything seems to be installed correctly, it should not take any more that 20 miles of driving for the springs to situate themselves in the seats, and then only about 200 miles for them to settle in to their final ride height.

Let us know after you check everything, and we can do further troubleshooting, or send you out a new set of front springs.

Thank you for your business, and we hope to hear from you soon!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bump stops will not affect ride height. They do need to settle but that doesn't take long.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts