Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2012 model with 32000 kms on it. I live in Canada and every time I come back from work the windshield is frozen from the inside (problem #1). I cleaned the windshield from dust, made sure there is no moisture inside the car, tried different A/C settings, nothing helped. So I bought a de-icer spray and apply it every time before going home. I tried to turn on A/C to warm up the car but after 5 minutes the 12v battery dies (presumably the engine does not kick in enough). I had to call CAA to jump start the car. While jump starting the car, the CAA service worker asked me to put the car in Park mode and press gas to charge the 12v battery. The question is: can I avoid discharge of 12v battery while running A/C if I hold the gas pedal pressed while in Park mode? Can I check the status of the 12v battery somehow? If anybody has an idea why problem #1 is happening, I would be grateful as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Replacing 12v Battery

Hello,I have a 2011 Ct200h and the 12v battery is on the verge of dying because the car wouldn't start this morning without the help of AAA. I spoke to Toyota about replacing it but they said it might cost more than $400 if it was a deep aux battery and they won't know until I bring my car in (because parts do not show up in their Toyota system I suppose). Does anyone know if this is true? Does CT200h require this type of battery? He said some hybrids require it and isn't sure if my vehicle does. However, if it is just a regular 12v it is much cheaper (around $100). Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
The specified battery is a group 24 AGM battery. It sits in the right rear corner (under the right side tail light).

I recommend the OEM spec’d Panasonic battery because you can re-install the tie down bar. The one I purchased is too tall to get the tie down bar re-installed, however, it’s not going anywhere because of all the covers holding it down.

advanceauto.com
Autocraft Platinum AGM 410 CCA P/N S46B24R: $181.99 - $50 = $131.99 + 22 = $153.99 (*1.07) = $164.77 - $23.54 core = $141.23

1 - 4 of 4 Posts