Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Retro fit navigation system?

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jean Cocteau 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
Just bought a 2012 ct200h w/o navigation system. Could I have a system installed?
Thanks for your help and suggestions!

#2 ·
If you do a search you will find many member that asked the same question and got it answered. At the end of the day anything is possible with enough money but it's going to cost you more than what could have purchased the car with navigation included. It's not a a simplet swap and there is alot involved. It has also never been effectively done.

#3 ·
as mentioned above, retrofitting an oem navigation is too much work/effort and not worth it at all

i believe tomtom makes a retrofit kit including control pad.
european specific maps, not sure if its possible to load north american maps or not
google it

also, you could try to get a 7" android tablet with gps and an offline maps app, if you can somehow get some plastic cover thingy, i think you can make a pretty good looking retrofit that way as well

#4 ·
Fitting the original system is probably as useful as going blindfold back and forth across a freeway. Just today I was masterfully mislead on the search of a Lexus dealership. The map data must have been updated last at the 1984.

Just use a smart phone. Make sure it is charged: if you do have a USB plug in your car, it will not deliver enough power to keep your phone charged,

#5 ·
You can test out the navigation system parts simply by removing the radio in the front of the car and connecting the wiring harness to the radio module plug. Then connect the ground connector on the wiring harness and attach your navigation parts to the wiring harness, and plug the navigation retrofit harness into the display, radio and navigation computer In the picture below, I hooked a TV video module up to drive the nav display.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.