Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am sure it's in the manual but I know some of you know this of the top of your head

How to reset the avg mpg and trip mileage to ZERO . I made a 200 miles trip today but I could not find a way to do with on the NAV of my 2015 CT 200h... I believe it's simple but I was in a hurry and could not figure it out.

Thanks
=====

I found out today that at the Avg mpg display, just press and hold the "display" button then it resets Avg mpg back to 0.0

have not found steps to reset "Trip A" back to 0.0 yet
=======---

figured it out... all done. thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found that I had all the information I needed since it automatically reset one of the markers after each fillup. That was good enough for me. The others I ignored after a while.
not sure I understand the underlined statement, please explain some more since I am new to this system. thanks

·
Registered
842 Posts
not sure I understand the underlined statement, please explain some more since I am new to this system. thanks
One of the avg mpg resets each time you fill the tank. I forget which one, but you will notice that it fluctuates wildly right after you get a fillup. If your battery is charged and you drive away slowly from the gas station you will get it showing 99mpg. If you accelerate away from the pump you will show single digits. I just traded in my CT, so I can't go out to the driveway to see which one of the mpg meters it is.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the avg mpg resets each time you fill the tank. I forget which one, but you will notice that it fluctuates wildly right after you get a fillup. If your battery is charged and you drive away slowly from the gas station you will get it showing 99mpg. If you accelerate away from the pump you will show single digits. I just traded in my CT, so I can't go out to the driveway to see which one of the mpg meters it is.
traded in? don't like it anymore? go for another lexus? (Yes, I considered NX or 460 myself... but I don't need them at present)

·
Registered
842 Posts
traded in? don't like it anymore? go for another lexus? (Yes, I considered NX or 460 myself... but I don't need them at present)
Got a 2015 GS 350 FSport. They seem to have solved all the problems we had with the interface between the IPhone and the sound system. So far it has worked flawlessly. I just wanted more "luxury" items and a little more umph when I wanted it.

I have been travelling on my job and found that if I kept up with traffic on the Interstate or Turnpike, my mileage plummeted. What's the point of a hybrid if the mileage is just a little bit better (I know it is more than a little bit, but let me keep my rationalizations). I do know that I feel a lot better getting out of my GS after a four or five hour trip than I did the CT. Still have a fond place in my heart for the CT, though.

Looked at the NX but they don't offer the FSport in the hybrid and I don't like the look of the standard grill. So, it was either the GS or the IS and I found the storage in the console so much better on the GS (another one of my complaints on the CT-I have to carry credentials and passes for three different buildings and they barely fit into the console box in the CT).

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a 2015 GS 350 FSport. They seem to have solved all the problems we had with the interface between the IPhone and the sound system. So far it has worked flawlessly. I just wanted more "luxury" items and a little more umph when I wanted it.

I have been travelling on my job and found that if I kept up with traffic on the Interstate or Turnpike, my mileage plummeted. What's the point of a hybrid if the mileage is just a little bit better (I know it is more than a little bit, but let me keep my rationalizations). I do know that I feel a lot better getting out of my GS after a four or five hour trip than I did the CT. Still have a fond place in my heart for the CT, though.

Looked at the NX but they don't offer the FSport in the hybrid and I don't like the look of the standard grill. So, it was either the GS or the IS and I found the storage in the console so much better on the GS (another one of my complaints on the CT-I have to carry credentials and passes for three different buildings and they barely fit into the console box in the CT).
GS is a great car... Back in 1999 I almost bought a GS 300 (?) but I got a better deal with MB E-320 , I have to admit after 15 yrs my MB 320 sure looks better than the 15-yr old GS. I was afraid of MB quality but this E-320 model is a tank and I still get 27-28 mpg on highway

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am sure it's in the manual but I know some of you know this of the top of your head

How to reset the avg mpg and trip mileage to ZERO . I made a 200 miles trip today but I could not find a way to do with on the NAV of my 2015 CT 200h... I believe it's simple but I was in a hurry and could not figure it out.

Thanks
=====

I found out today that at the Avg mpg display, just press and hold the "display" button then it resets Avg mpg back to 0.0

have not found steps to reset "Trip A" back to 0.0 yet
=======---

figured it out... all done. thanks
sorry to bump a old thread but had to say thanks since i just oicked up my ct and it didnt come with a manual!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.