Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's face it, years from now depending on how long, and how you drive your CT, the battery is going to need replacement. Because batteries do not last forever, and overtime they do deplete in charge.

So, question is, does anyone know the estimated time on how long these batteries do last roughly? and How much is it going to cost to replace one of these bad boys? Warranty would cover if it's within the given time frame, but what if the warranty is up?

·
Registered
245 Posts
The warranty on the battery is 96 months or 100,000 miles. That's long enough for me not to worry about replacement costs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. My CT is replacing a 2003 Civic Hybrid which has 170,000 miles on it. The batteries are still going strong. In the last 8 years, battery technology on hybrids has only gotten better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is this massive heat wave killing the battery life as well?

·
Registered
193 Posts
The NiMh batteries in the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive and Lexus Hybrid Drive systems are selected and designed to provide long life.

Why not go LiIon batteries? Because the constant charge & depletion requirement of a hybrid system means the cycles are very high.....and in order to get very high cycle-life out of a battery, you have to keep the state of charge (SOC) in a very small window (State of Charge "swing"). When you keep a NiMh battery's SOC swing in a small range, you can get a significant amount of life out of it. Many Prius' have been on the road for over 10 years and over 400,000+kms with NO battery issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts