Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a "how to" for replacing the fog light bulbs. Some say the bumper has to be to removed which seems alittle ridiculous. I just bought some H11 CREE LED bulbs.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
842 Posts
That may seem ridiculous, but I am pretty sure that is the way it is "supposed" to be done. Some with skinny hands and wrists and agility have managed to do it without removing the bumper, but I had to borrow a friends lift and do it while changing the oil. It requires the removal of one of those hard cardboard or plastic panels that help with the aerodynamics on each side. I honestly don't remember more than that, but if I can do it, almost anyone can. I changed my bulbs for a whiter light too.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
You don't have to remove the bumper. Just undo some of the cowling inside the front wheel wells. It is pretty easy. I notice you are using LED fog lights. They look really nice, but do not project much light. If you are looking for lights to provide illuminated during foggy conditions then I would recommend a good Halogen or an HID fog light kit (same as HID headlight except different bulb)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MidCow. I think the factory foglights are pretty useless to begin with and do nothing for foggy conditions or light output. This is simply an aesthetic upgrade although these LED's are not the typical H11 LED. These are CREE LED's with projector housings to isolate the light in a pattern rather than scatter it all over which is why typicaly SMD led's just plain stink in the light output application. I've seen these in person and I can confidently say they actually produce equal to or more light output compared to the facory halogens. Take a look for yourself. I definitely don't want to g the HID route as I have the factory LED headlights.

Lexus CT200h 50W CREE H11 LED Fog Light Replacement | iJDMTOY Blog For Automotive Lighting

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Thanks MidCow. I think the factory foglights are pretty useless to begin with and do nothing for foggy conditions or light output. This is simply an aesthetic upgrade although these LED's are not the typical H11 LED. These are CREE LED's with projector housings to isolate the light in a pattern rather than scatter it all over which is why typicaly SMD led's just plain stink in the light output application. I've seen these in person and I can confidently say they actually produce equal to or more light output compared to the facory halogens. Take a look for yourself. I definitely don't want to g the HID route as I have the factory LED headlights.

Lexus CT200h 50W CREE H11 LED Fog Light Replacement | iJDMTOY Blog For Automotive Lighting
Sounds nice. This is what I got for LED fogs from iJDMTOY:

Xenon White 96-SMD 360-degree shine H11 (aka H8, H9) Hyper-Flux LED Bulbs For Fog Lights or Running Lights - Code: LED_Fog_H11_SKU42

They look awesome, but don't put out that much light.

-MidCow3

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
P.S. - I looked at the website on the 50W CREE H11 - They look like they put out the light; very nice! :cool: I don't think they were available when I bought mine.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up buying them on Amazon for about $40 shipped to my door. I'll try to post pictures once I get them installed.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds nice. This is what I got for LED fogs from iJDMTOY:

Xenon White 96-SMD 360-degree shine H11 (aka H8, H9) Hyper-Flux LED Bulbs For Fog Lights or Running Lights - Code: LED_Fog_H11_SKU42

They look awesome, but don't put out that much light.

-MidCow3
That bulb is exactly what I was referring to in regards to scattering the light as they are simply alot of SMD LED's going in all different directions. It will glow more than project.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought one pair of LEDs that didn't work. Got a second pair. Like the look. They don't project much. But in SoCal. It's about the look versus actual light penetration. Trying to upload pic on this iPhone app but it's not working.

Ps. No need to remove the bumper. I went underneath my car without lifting. It's right and I had to go in blindly buts it's doable.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure if you've already done the upgrade, but the manual has instructions on one way of doing it. Page 559

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM76004U/pdf/sec_04-03.pdf

As opposed to going in though the wheel well, this method would likely benefit from a jack and some stands.
This is actually the exact method I planned on. I'm going to attempt without jacking it up. I'm a small guy and have a good way with maneuvering through things.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts