Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I wasn't sure whether to put this in Appearance & Body, or DIY. Anyway...

Last winter I had a serious ice block form in my front-right wheel well that causes a few of the attachments points on the plastic on the inside to break. This is the plastic that protects the engine bay from the elements coming off of the tires. This lead the the plastic popping out from the normal position, and rubbing on my tire for a while, which I corrected by tying it back to a more structurally sound parts of the under-body. This worked for a while, but then I clipped the bottom of the bumper on a cement block (this car is so damn low to the ground!) last weekend, which caused it to disconnect. I backed up after clipping the bumper, but when I went forward again it pulled the entire plastic piece off. This means now my wheel well is completely empty (aka, everything that should be covered is exposed), beside about 10-12" on the rear-side of the tire.

Does anyone know where I can get a new piece without going to the dealership? I'm sure they're going to charge me an arm and a leg. I've done some searching for previous posts about finding aftermarket OEM parts, but all that I found was people recommending the now-defunct Sewell Lexus.

Thanks in advance.

-Kyle

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a three year old post now, but I'm going to try anyway! I just had the "exact" same thing happen to my 2011 CT200H. Did you manage to find replacement parts yourself, or did you end up having Lexus fix it? They want $700 to fix mine :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts