Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2013 CT with the Nav screen. About a week ago the SiriusXm portion of the radio stopped working. Shows no signal when i change channels. All the other parts of the radio work fine (am/fm/bluetooth/plug in).
I took it to Lexus thinking it was maybe an antenna issue but they advise its the head unit where the problem is. It would have to be replaced and with parts/labor would be about $3k which is crazy.

I looked on eBay and found replacement units from crashed vehicles. Assuming they work I can replace it.
My question is it simple to just replace the head unit? Is there an anti-theft feature that would prevent it?

·
Registered
688 Posts
If you are doing OEM to OEM it's a direct swap. I wouldn't call it exactly "simple" since you have a to take apart a good portion of the center console and center part of the dash, but it's doable in a couple of hours. Downloading the shop manual so you know where all the clip locations are and getting a plastic trim tool are very helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are doing OEM to OEM it's a direct swap. I wouldn't call it exactly "simple" since you have a to take apart a good portion of the center console and center part of the dash, but it's doable in a couple of hours. Downloading the shop manual so you know where all the clip locations are and getting a plastic trim tool are very helpful.
Thank you thats what I was hoping for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Agreed, I took mine out the other day and only had one bolt left over when I put it back in 😆
If you pop the hvac unit out while disassembling, the head unit has plenty of room to come out, if you leave it in the head unit will come out but it’s tight. Just cover up your parts as you remove them so nothing gets scratched and you’ll be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts