Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Resolved

/thread

·
Registered
4 Posts
once you removed the front bumper , the chrome part of the upper grill are very easy to remove, i believe there are 4 screws and 8 self locking pins, easily to be done , GL

·
Registered
383 Posts
Agreed, pretty easy to get the grill out once the bumper is removed. I took my grill out when i plastidipped the chrome trim and grill.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
once you removed the front bumper , the chrome part of the upper grill are very easy to remove, i believe there are 4 screws and 8 self locking pins, easily to be done , GL
Agreed, pretty easy to get the grill out once the bumper is removed. I took my grill out when i plastidipped the chrome trim and grill.

Is it impossible to take out without removing the front bumper? I have a lip which might make bumper removal a PITA....

Reactions: Perl1947

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't know about "impossible" but it did make it pretty easy. If you don't i think you run the possibility of damaging the bumper by stress cracks or something else.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know about "impossible" but it did make it pretty easy. If you don't i think you run the possibility of damaging the bumper by stress cracks or something else.

Yeah, I just got back from attempting to remove the piece without removing the bumper...
Needless to say, it was a pain. I gave up. Those 8 flimsy plastic tabs are so easily breakable.

I'm just going to clean/prep the grill very well.. then apply the wrap as neatly as I can. Can't turn out worse than PlastiDip anyway, right?! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts