Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I will be removing my entire interior, seats, center console, dash, floor, roof, etc., to do some sound deadening work. Just wondering if anyone got a how to for these so that I wont need to experiment and possibly end up breaking things. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I know nothing, but my first thought is watch out for air-bags, sensors and wiring. You're a braver man than I am. I know nothing, but my first thought is watch out for air-bags, sensors and wiring. Lots of luck.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hi I will be removing my entire interior, seats, center console, dash, floor, roof, etc., to do some sound deadening work. Just wondering if anyone got a how to for these so that I wont need to experiment and possibly end up breaking things. Thanks in advance.
Have not seen any posts on this yet.
If you do end up doing this, can you please snap some pics and also do a how-to?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll do my best, wish me luck. If I did a good job, I'll post. If I end up breaking something, I guess I better not teach you guys the wrong thing to do. LOL

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi I will be removing my entire interior, seats, center console, dash, floor, roof, etc., to do some sound deadening work.
I don't have an answer to your question, but I do have a question myself.

Lexus have gone to extraordinary lengths to make the CT one of the quietest cars in its class. I think they've succeeded pretty well in that. What point is there in ripping the interior apart and adding insulation when there's so little to be gained? You could eventually even introduce extra rattles and squeaks by messing with professionally assembled interior parts.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I don't have an answer to your question, but I do have a question myself.

Lexus have gone to extraordinary lengths to make the CT one of the quietest cars in its class. I think they've succeeded pretty well in that. What point is there in ripping the interior apart and adding insulation when there's so little to be gained? You could eventually even introduce extra rattles and squeaks by messing with professionally assembled interior parts.
IMO you can make any car quieter.
Toyota/Lexus just did not add all of the sound deadening material all over the place probably due to cost.

·
Registered
609 Posts
IMO you can make any car quieter.
Toyota/Lexus just did not add all of the sound deadening material all over the place probably due to cost.
And probably law and safety regulations too. It would be similar to the same law that forbids wearing headphones in both ears while driving.

·
Registered
35 Posts
These responses make me wonder if something is wrong with my car. It is very quite, except for the road noise. You can hear every bump, every time the road surface changes I am jarred by the change in the noise level. My 4runner has a fraction of the road noise but it does have additional other noises, specifically engine and wind noise that the Lexus does not have.

I am going to complain to the dealer and see how my car compares to other CT's. I remember think that the IS was vault like quiet, with no wind engine or road noise.

·
Registered
486 Posts
These responses make me wonder if something is wrong with my car. It is very quite, except for the road noise. You can hear every bump, every time the road surface changes I am jarred by the change in the noise level. My 4runner has a fraction of the road noise but it does have additional other noises, specifically engine and wind noise that the Lexus does not have.

I am going to complain to the dealer and see how my car compares to other CT's. I remember think that the IS was vault like quiet, with no wind engine or road noise.
Maybe check it against another member in your area?
Coffee and test drive

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My CT is definitely one of the quietest car I have owned if you compare stock to stock. However compared to my old camary that I had heavily sound deadened, my camary actually out performs my CT. The CT definitely has greater potential so if I do a good job, Iam expecting outstanding results. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have just started my project a few days ago. So far I have removed part of the trunk and doors without much difficulty. However I did run into major issues with the front seats. There are so many wires connected to it that I really feel uncomfortable taking them apart. As a result, Iam having second thoughts about removing the whole thing and just try to mat as much area as possible without removing the seats completely. I'll update you guys on the progress. On the other hand, if anyone can provide some help, I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have just started my project a few days ago. So far I have removed part of the trunk and doors without much difficulty. However I did run into major issues with the front seats. There are so many wires connected to it that I really feel uncomfortable taking them apart. As a result, Iam having second thoughts about removing the whole thing and just try to mat as much area as possible without removing the seats completely. I'll update you guys on the progress. On the other hand, if anyone can provide some help, I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Not sure if its possible or not at this point, but can you please post pics?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes I did took some pics from time to time during the installation process. Once Iam done I'll pick out the best ones and post them all together. I have 2 friends helping me but still it is a lot of work. Hopefully I can have enough time to have it all done within a week.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Got a question that I hope you guys can help me answer. So I took everything apart in the trunk and started doing my sound deadening work. Well I was wondering if I can mat around the bettery? Not the 12v one of course, but the big one. The battery doesn't rattle bad but it does rattle somewhat so I would like to do it if I can. Anything I should watch out if I choose to do so? Ventilation? Overheating? Etc.? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts