Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow CTer's. saw the above on the Lexus.jp website (LEXUS > CT200h > ƒfƒB�[ƒ‰�[ƒIƒvƒVƒ‡ƒ“) and as I am in the UK, obvously would need the item as descibed for a RHD. Just can't find anyone on the web selling them, could try my local dealer but to be honest they have never supplied anything for my Lexus', I have always imported the stuff from either the US or Japan. However, none of my normal suppliers seem to have anything for the CT yet.

Any ideas, or have you seen it advertised anywhere? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I finally tracked it down, was not easy and was sent all over Europe, with little help from Lexus or Toyota to be honest.

Finally ordered it from www.carsontoyota.com, in California, and yep for a RHD CT200H (needed to check this as they are in CA) cost $175.00 delivered, will just have to pay the import duty on that! Should be here in 5 - 6 weeks. So, will post pictures once fitted.

Can't wait to be honest, have been on a 700 mile round trip in the car and found the arm rest to be too far back, meaning you end up balancing your elbow on the very edge, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think you made a significant find. I have not received my CT yet, but have seen several other posts complaining about the armrest being back too far. Looks like you have found the fix!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Well, I finally tracked it down, was not easy and was sent all over Europe, with little help from Lexus or Toyota to be honest.

Finally ordered it from www.carsontoyota.com, in California, and yep for a RHD CT200H (needed to check this as they are in CA) cost $175.00 delivered, will just have to pay the import duty on that! Should be here in 5 - 6 weeks. So, will post pictures once fitted.

Can't wait to be honest, have been on a 700 mile round trip in the car and found the arm rest to be too far back, meaning you end up balancing your elbow on the very edge, if that makes sense.
How did you find it on that site when they don't offer the CT as a pull down option for the Lexus models? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
How did you find it on that site when they don't offer the CT as a pull down option for the Lexus models? Thanks.
There still are telephones and people :):)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not sure I understand from the photo what this does. It also appears from the photo to be on the opposite side from my American car, but don't they drive on this side in Japan also? The armrest is a problem I am anxious to see what this does to alleviate it. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me to figure this out.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Not sure I understand from the photo what this does. It also appears from the photo to be on the opposite side from my American car, but don't they drive on this side in Japan also? The armrest is a problem I am anxious to see what this does to alleviate it. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me to figure this out.
The original poster was looking for a RightHandDrive (RHD) part (opposite of US side) which would be the same as those in Japan. Now I still am unable to find this part on Carson Toyota (US Dealer) where they would most likely have a version of the part to fit your car (LHD)Jennjay.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The original poster was looking for a RightHandDrive (RHD) part (opposite of US side) which would be the same as those in Japan. Now I still am unable to find this part on Carson Toyota (US Dealer) where they would most likely have a version of the part to fit your car (LHD)Jennjay.
Hi All.

The item is for RHD cars only, so I was told by the very helpful people at Carson, and as they drive on the right in Japan and Hong Kong this item has been developed for there. Carson will import it into the US for me then export it to the UK, so far they have been very helpful and yes it was numerous emails and calls to find someone to import it. Even contacted Lexus Japan and Lexus in Hong Kong but neither could help.

In terms of installation I will have to wait and see but I am assuming it slips tightly over the exisiting plastic as it does sit slightly higher than the arm rest. Not a problem for me, as I already sad the armrest is too far back anyway.

If you want something that badly then you just have to make the effort I guess.

Once it arrives (5 - 6 weeks) will post some pictures and let you know about the installation.

·
Registered
60 Posts
OK so the photo is for a RHD. That's what confused me, I figured Lexus Japan would sell for a LHD and the original poster was looking for the opposite. Wonder why the part is available RHD only? I'm sure it will eventually be available LHD since most of the world drives that way.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
OK so the photo is for a RHD. That's what confused me, I figured Lexus Japan would sell for a LHD and the original poster was looking for the opposite. Wonder why the part is available RHD only? I'm sure it will eventually be available LHD since most of the world drives that way.
They drive RHD in Japan. Chunky was lucky enough after a few calls to get one shipped out of Japan. I am sure a 3rd party company will be able to manufacture a variant of these in the future when car becomes more popular, as well as product :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

Just an update still waiting for this item, carsontoyota.com have said it should be with me in the next two weeks. However, now have some concerns about fitting as it involves drilling the plastic and placing two screws to hold it in place, guess I should have checked this out before ordering. Once I get it though I might have to consider some good quality 3M tape and see if that will hold it in place if I am not brave enough to drill holes in consoles, imagine the cost if I screw it up!

Will keep you posted.................

·
Registered
131 Posts
Shouldnt be any bigger problems to drill the holes. I did break the middle console apart 3 days ago and it was very easy.
First I did snap the pieces with skinn away, just pulled uppwards
Then i opened the storing place (where your elbowe is resting) and bent the whole console up (the part between the stereo and the storing compartment is an own section that is the one that I lifted), its just snap holders.

Good luck with your installation, im gona ask my dealer if the part is obtainable here cause that hard plastic is driving me nuts atm.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shouldnt be any bigger problems to drill the holes. I did break the middle console apart 3 days ago and it was very easy.
First I did snap the pieces with skinn away, just pulled uppwards
Then i opened the storing place (where your elbowe is resting) and bent the whole console up (the part between the stereo and the storing compartment is an own section that is the one that I lifted), its just snap holders.

Good luck with your installation, im gona ask my dealer if the part is obtainable here cause that hard plastic is driving me nuts atm.
To save you asking, it is only available for RHD vehicles, so you will not have any luck there I am afraid.

When you opened it up is there anything directly underneath, am planning to drill in situ rather than removing from the car? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yes. There is a hand grab and other things. Keeps the car interesting. Asymmetrical style.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Just an update still waiting for this item, carsontoyota.com have said it should be with me in the next two weeks. However, now have some concerns about fitting as it involves drilling the plastic and placing two screws to hold it in place, guess I should have checked this out before ordering. Once I get it though I might have to consider some good quality 3M tape and see if that will hold it in place if I am not brave enough to drill holes in consoles, imagine the cost if I screw it up!

Will keep you posted.................
Well it finally arrived and was fitted this morning.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104237...authkey=Gv1sRgCLj7qormlMCxxQE&feat=directlink

The fittings that come with it mean you have to drill into the plastic, me, I chickened out and used 3m tape, seems to have done the job and looks really nice as it matches the car, also means your elbow now has something soft to rest on.................

1 - 20 of 35 Posts