Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trident F Sport wheels for the CT200h...anyone out there replaced their factory wheels with these? Also, what is the weight difference compared to the factory wheels? And, are these a charcoal color or are they silver finish like the factory wheels? And, if charcoal, how would that look on a dark colored car like black (the charcoal colored wheels)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The trident F Sport wheels for the CT200h...anyone out there replaced their factory wheels with these? Also, what is the weight difference compared to the factory wheels? And, are these a charcoal color or are they silver finish like the factory wheels? And, if charcoal, how would that look on a dark colored car like black (the charcoal colored wheels)?
Trident wheel is 28.65lbs. Not sure the non F Sport one

2012 CT200h: Wheel - 17 Inch Trident F-Sport - The aggressive trident design adds a sport-racing element and sophistication to your CT's character. Precision engineering balances lightweight aluminum alloy for a high strength-to-weight ratio. Offered

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I originally planned to buy a set but their release was delayed. IMO there are better looking wheels out there at lower cost. I bought rims in December and mounted snow tires. These rims weigh 21 lbs each without tires.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say "these" rims do you mean the factory rims? If so, then the Trident rims are somewhat heavier...

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Im referring to the aftermarket rims not Lexus rims.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Has anyone actually weighed the Trident rims? I know the Sewell site claims 28.6lbs which sounds kind of high (shipping weight?). Someone on priuschat claimed they were closer to 21-22lbs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I found these wheels at the Park Place website for $155.20 each with free shipping. This is better than the ClubLexus price at Sewell's website. That seems like a very reasonable price. I wonder why the OEM wheel is $422?

I'm still concerned about the weight.

hdave, did you have any luck with weighing one of these?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Bondguy, I will try and take photos tonight after I get the tridents installed on my Obsidian today. As for the weight, they are replacing them during my checkup and storing the stocks (with winter tires) so won't really have access to both of them at same time. I look forward to seeing how they look myself.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I found these wheels at the Park Place website for $155.20 each with free shipping. This is better than the ClubLexus price at Sewell's website. That seems like a very reasonable price. I wonder why the OEM wheel is $422?

My scale which I think is a lb or two lighter said 20 lbs
According to this site they are 22.3lbs --> Lexus - F SPORT Performance Vehicles : F SPORT Accessories

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
WP_000937.jpg WP_000938.jpg WP_000939.jpg
As promised bonguy here you go. I really am happy with the look. They are a bit lighter gunmetal than the original F-Sport wheels released (usually seen on IS's) because they are matte colour, where these have a gloss finish.

·
Registered
26 Posts

As promised bonguy here you go. I really am happy with the look. They are a bit lighter gunmetal than the original F-Sport wheels released (usually seen on IS's) because they are matte colour, where these have a gloss finish.
Nice. Are the tire size the same as the regular 17" wheel that came with the car?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I mounted my OEM tires on these light gunmetal Tridents (winters are on the OEM rims). They were not my first choice, just convenient. The look on my Matador Red has grown on me (many more guys in up-scale cars now staring at my CT). I just wish they were a few pounds lighter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hdave, thanks for the info. The weight seems reasonable.

Darkride, your Obsidian looks great with the trident wheels. I think those pics have convinced me to do the same with my car. I hope they look as good with Matador red.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've loved the Trident wheels on the CT200h ever since I first saw them on the teaser video for the LF-CH prototype. I wish they were the standard wheels.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hdave, thanks for the info. The weight seems reasonable.

Darkride, your Obsidian looks great with the trident wheels. I think those pics have convinced me to do the same with my car. I hope they look as good with Matador red.
I think it'll look good on red, maybe you can photoshop it, or do a crude paint picture to see.
Red was actually my first choice, but they could get starfire faster so I went with the white

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Mark, I think they will look great on Matador. I was wondering where you plan on buying them? Sewell Lexus is located in Dallas, but you can order parts online. If you enter a clublexus forum member name then you get a discount ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts

hey mark, can you please provide a link to this price? that is very cheap and i might just pull the trigger at that cost.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey mark, can you please provide a link to this price? that is very cheap and i might just pull the trigger at that cost.
Sorry for the long delay in replying. Go to the Park Place Lexus parts website:

Park Place Lexus Auto Parts

You will need to enter the part number PTR20-76110. Shipping is free over $100.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mark, I think they will look great on Matador. I was wondering where you plan on buying them? Sewell Lexus is located in Dallas, but you can order parts online. If you enter a clublexus forum member name then you get a discount ;)
Darkride,

I finally bought them at Park Place Lexus in Plano which is nearby. I had them shipped to the dealer and installed them when I had my 10k service and recall done. They look good, even the service advisor said they went well with the red.

2011_ct200h_trident.jpg

1 - 20 of 33 Posts