Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish we can get it here... oh well. I think the CT is an underrated car. I love the car and this refresh is great looking... 2018CTfront.jpg LexusCTback.jpg

·
381 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately, the US market is obsessed with SUV/CUVs right now.

I really like the headlights.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am interested in the new taillight as well, when I saw it, I knew it was a new design, but I kept thinking about the shape and today I did a little comparison....

I believe the outer housing are the same, the significant shape difference is the inner lamp. I could not find two prefect matching angle pictures but I did my best overlapping on 2014 and 2018 CTs.

Outer lamp you can see from the comparison picture, it is almost the same, however, while pictures are not in the same angle gaps on door and windows are not lining up.

Both inner lamp bottom side are the same width, but 2018 lamp the upper curve is different and is longer, however, the spoiler which has lexus logo on is removable and is made of plastic, so at this point you might figure something here too.....

It is unknown on the fitment behind lamps, if anyone has picture on the backend of new lamps then we might be able to compare up...

Too bad I am no longer working otherwise I would buy a set of 2018 lamps and spoiler piece to try them out... This is just a FYI, nothing is guaranteed, if you want to try it it is at at your own risk!

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts

When I saw it in our showroom here it looks so much fresher and updated. Great colour too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts

When I saw it in our showroom here it looks so much fresher and updated. Great colour too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. The color is fantastic. I also like the black mirrors. Any chance you can post some interior pics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's a very large Multi-Function Display screen..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've seen it in the street today, took a few pictures... the tail lights cannot be used on previous models, because the whole back door has changed slightly. The tail lights are composed of two parts; The one that stays behind when opening the door, and the ones in the door itself. This former ones are not compatible with previous models because the shape is different, you can see there's no angle in the upper part of the new design. I was hoping I could install these in my 2015 model but it will be impossible.

Archivo_26-1-18_17_51_44.jpg

I love the new tail lights design.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
But you know the cover where the logo is at can be replaced?
Taking it out from the old model and put newer model cover + tail lights should match

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see... I didn't expect that'd be a part that can be removed, always thought that's part of the door's steel. Interesting... then, technically talking, it's maybe possible (but expensive) to change it.

@gamma742 those tail lights are not as cool as the restyling ones, and on top of that, they lack the aerodynamic fins on the side, the brake light is done with just 2 LEDs, too small for my taste. If it had a big brake light it'd be tempting even without the fins. I understand some people might light this design over the original one but it's not for me.

·
381 Posts
Aftermarket tails are often garbage. Especially the ones found on ebay, which are generally knockoffs of Japanese aftermarket tails.

$500 Crystal Eye tails are knocked off and sold for $200 on ebay. I had a set on my old Prius and the passenger side brake lights dimmed to the point of being dangerous.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts