Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently purchased 2012 Lexus CT200H due to the outrageous fuel price. It has a 166k. I noticed the navigation screen having a distinct yellow color. The navigation and bluetooth work fortunately. However, is it common for the navigation to have yellowish tint color after many years of use? Anyone know if this can be fixed or should I purchase another screen and install? If I purchase another oem unit, is it a plug and play or does it have it reprogrammed or some type of key code inputed? Any information would be appreicated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys,

I recently purchased 2012 Lexus CT200H due to the outrageous fuel price. It has a 166k. I noticed the navigation screen having a distinct yellow color. The navigation and bluetooth work fortunately. However, is it common for the navigation to have yellowish tint color after many years of use? Anyone know if this can be fixed or should I purchase another screen and install? If I purchase another oem unit, is it a plug and play or does it have it reprogrammed or some type of key code inputed? Any information would be appreicated.
My 2011 I've had for over 5 years is getting a lot more dim, likely just due to age. The only thing I've seen that makes it less yellow and easier to see the backup camera (only thing I use it for) is to turn contrast down on it. You'll have to dig into the settings to find that

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
462 Posts
Hi guys,

It would be cheaper to upgrade it to an aftermarket. Looks modern and has better resolution and will make more financial sense.

·
Registered
2012 Fire Agate Pearl
19 Posts
Info inbound next few weeks. My display was dead. Called Lexus, core swap kept the reman price at 1k. For those of you who are fairly handy, it looks like a new lcd can be installed for under 200 if you diy. As soon as I can confirm it all, I'll do a post.

·
Registered
2012 Fire Agate Pearl
19 Posts
I'll cross reference tonight, but quick look at the es screen is a no. The lcd panel in ours is 3 ribbons and the es only has 1. I'll verify as soon as I can. I have my lcd out of the chassis for this specific thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll cross reference tonight, but quick look at the es screen is a no. The lcd panel in ours is 3 ribbons and the es only has 1. I'll verify as soon as I can. I have my lcd out of the chassis for this specific thing.
Ok thank you for your reply! I wanted to upgrade it to something more modern with Apple Carplay if I can, but I didn't want to waste time or ruin anything

·
Registered
2012 Fire Agate Pearl
19 Posts
Netbook Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Office equipment

Netbook Gadget Wood Computer hardware Office equipment

Part numbers are different, but, I'll expand the search to see what else would work. Back of the actual display. Note 3 ribbon cables and also part number listed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts