Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the e-mail from the dealer.

My wife's car is subject to a recall for the exhaust gas valve replacement.

Estimated repair time 2 1/2 hours.

:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
200 Posts
yes, we have done a few at my dealer already....mine car needs it, as well as my mom's CT....

make sure you bring the car in on EMPTY as they will fill the car with a FULL tank of gas!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does this apply to 2012 models as well? I see that TSoprano has a 2012 but just want to make sure. Is there a formal TSB for this?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does this apply to 2012 models as well? I see that TSoprano has a 2012 but just want to make sure. Is there a formal TSB for this?
If you call your dealer they will inform you if your car is part of the recall.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have any Canadians been notifed yet? I just made my 16K appointment and mentioned this as I would like to get both done at the same time and they haven't even heard of it. Like most things us Canucks get things late ;)

I wonder if this is why my l/100 (MPGS) are lower than all of last summer by 3-5 mpgs. I understood why economy wasn't as good in the winter but now that temps are the same as last year when I bought it and nothing else has changed like mods, tires, route to work etc. - heck I even lost some weight so the car is lighter ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
sorry guys, may i know what is the "Exhaust Gas Valve " for?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a link to a video with the abnormal sound the defect can cause:

Saugrohrproblem - da rappelts in der Kiste - Lexus Owners Club Europe

The Prius also gets a recall here's an explanation of what the problem is all about:

Owners will be contacted to replace weak actuators in the exhaust system that act as engine control mechanisms and recapture heat for the hybrid system.
Because of their lack of integrity, the actuators can give out, allowing coolant to leak.
That, in turn, will throw a “check engine” light on the dashboard and put the engine into safe mode, cutting the car’s power.

·
Registered
200 Posts
its not a TSIB, its an actually recall for models 2011-2012....feel free to PM me a VIN# and I can check if your car requires the recall

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just had mine done. I had brought my car in for a minor service last week and they scheduledthe replacement for Monday. Dropped offmy car, got a loaner and then picked up my car with a full tank of gas. Painless.

·
Registered
79 Posts
lucky for me I dont need it haha

·
Registered
159 Posts
Have any Canadians been notifed yet? I just made my 16K appointment and mentioned this as I would like to get both done at the same time and they haven't even heard of it. Like most things us Canucks get things late ;)

I wonder if this is why my l/100 (MPGS) are lower than all of last summer by 3-5 mpgs. I understood why economy wasn't as good in the winter but now that temps are the same as last year when I bought it and nothing else has changed like mods, tires, route to work etc. - heck I even lost some weight so the car is lighter ;)
I went to the 42k check up and the guy told me the car might be recalled for that. This was last week and I have not been notified yet.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well checked the mail today, the recall letter for the Exhaust Gas Control Actuator was there. Will make the appointment Monday to bring the CT in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Took them a couple of hours last Sat. Plus they put a full tank of gas so I dropped the car off at near empty.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Repairs made today but no free tank of gas :>(

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sitting here at the dealer checking the forums while they finish. I rather wait get my car and go home, since they were able to fit me in today.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts