Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have taken my first test drive of the CT and I must say I came away more impressed that I thought I might. Whenever I see "hybrid" I think slow and not fun to drive.

However, the one thing I did notice was it seemed like when I was trying to back the CT up that it was somewhat difficult to actually see where I was going. Though the dealer had stuck the plate in the window so that did block part of my view. Has anyone noticed any issues or maybe I'm just used to the larger rear window of my current car (non hatch) and would get used to the hatch style window over time and feel more comfortable.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Headrests

The headrests do block a bit of the view, but compared to a Prius, the rear view for backing up is light years better with the CT.
anybody else notice that in pix of the CT in other countries (not USA) the rear headrests look smaller and don't stick up so high. This is not in the down mode...just shorter type headrests. I know different countries have different regulations but these lower headrests would definitely help you to see out the rear easier.

·
Registered
283 Posts
anybody else notice that in pix of the CT in other countries (not USA) the rear headrests look smaller and don't stick up so high. This is not in the down mode...just shorter type headrests. I know different countries have different regulations but these lower headrests would definitely help you to see out the rear easier.
You can also pull the rear headrests up one notch and bend them forward like when you fold the seats down. I keep my rear seats down all the time so I don't notice it so much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can also pull the rear headrests up one notch and bend them forward like when you fold the seats down. I keep my rear seats down all the time so I don't notice it so much.
Yeah, I didn't think about that. Again, I think it might be one of those things that probably would just take a bit getting used to, as this would be the first hatch I've driven. And the rear windows are definitely a little different than in a standard coupe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had thought about the camera option. Forgive my ignorance on this - but is the rear view camera an option w/o the Nav? I'm not really that interested in the Nav, but in most vehicles I see the Nav is needed for cameras since that is the screen part... maybe if I'm lucky the CT is different??

·
Registered
222 Posts
i've been searching desperately for the oem version of the backup camera w/inegrated rear view mirror but everywhere i've asked stated that it's not yet available as an add-on yet unless it's equipped with it from the factory. :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
The screen for the camera is embedded into the rear view mirror; see post 8 above; check out the link. They use this setup in many minivans; works great. The screen is activated only in reverse and disappears when the car is shifted out of reverse i.e. neutral or drive.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the backup camera that is in the rear view mirror on my 4Runner. I can parallel park in places that I wouldn't be comfortable parking my GTI! I LOVE the rear view camera.

I expect that most non-nav models will have it because it really alleviates the rear visibility issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I see that the camera comes as part of "Package B" on the website. Any ideas what is used as the screen if Nav is not equipped?
Lexus: New Luxury Cars and SUVs from Lexus USA
This option is totally available! And actually, the screen shows up on the rear view mirror! Pretty awesome.

Check out this link here: Lexus CT*Hybrid - Features & Pricing - Pricing & Options

Scroll down to "Options and Accessories," and in the first spot on the chart, you will see a "
Electrochromatic (auto-dimming) inside mirror with compass and backup camera"

This is the mirror that has the backup camera screen on it.

To see it in action, check out this video: (It's at 3:03 minutes) 2011 Lexus CT 200h Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
Hope this was helpful!

*edit* oh jk, i was totally late. But hope the links are helpful!

*edit again* oh wtf jk again. this thread is over a year old. HAHAHA fail.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Wish the navigational package displayed the backup guide lines like it does in the rear view mirror.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts