Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed the 2 different materials used in lining the inside of the rear wheel wells on this car? Just washed my CT for the 2nd time last weekend and noticed that the rear 1/2 of it is plastic, consistent with the front wheel area and most all other car makers. However, the front portion of the wheel well is made of a flimsy felt-like material that really attracts dirt/sand.

Why would Lexus chince out like that and use this different material which appears to be cheaper and might not hold up as well? Let alone, it attracts dirt? Hopefully someone on here can shed some light on this...thought maybe for weight savings, but that really can't be the right answer.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have a question...the red lenses in the rear lower part of the bumper (I guess these are for reflection purposes only). Why aren't these lights or "rear" fog lamps at least like they use on Audi and other European cars? And, is this some sort of new requirement? I see a lot of new cars coming out with these on them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
the wheel wells on a 2011 Toyota Sienna are now all "carpeted" (same material you describe).. seems like its Toyota's "new thing" I guess.. its for additional sound-dampening as mentioned by dgstan.. anecdotal evidence by some claim that it makes the Sienna quieter at cruising than a Honda Odyssey.. so I guess it works

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2011 sienna se. And yes I did notice the carpeted wheel wells. I kind of dig em!! Don't know if the work or not but the van is just as quiet as my IS350. Not sure about the durability only had the van 4 months and I live in las Vegas. I think it rained 1 time this year!! So far they still look great. Carpet isn't pealing or discoloring at all. Anyway I love everything about the van EXCEPT the mpg!! Right now averaging 19 mpg. That's why the CT is in the near future for me!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
We have a lot of gravel and dirt roads in the Land of Oz and the felt-like sound deadening on my IS250 is very effective and there are no issues with durability. It also makes the car quieter in the rain. Richard

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, thanks for all the replies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts