Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there any setting to change the level of darkness that the mirror will tint to?. I have the windows tinted and i think that because of this it throws off the sensor and doesn't allow the mirror to go as dark as it should. If i hold a small flashlight to the sensor the mirror goes a lot darker. :cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have tinted windows also and noticed that the mirrors do not tint as well.

I added a small piece of tint material to the forward facing sensor in the mirror and it works really well now. Darken the incoming forward sensor light to match the darkened light inside the car.... :)

·
Registered
990 Posts

I added a small piece of tint material to the forward facing sensor in the mirror and it works really well now. Darken the incoming forward sensor light to match the darkened light inside the car.... :)
That's pretty smart!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

When you say forward sensor are you talking about the one to the right of the auto button, or is there another sensor?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok thanks for that. I've never noticed that sensor before. Going to give it a try.

So i cover up the sensor on the windshield side of the mirror with some tint material to make the mirror dim more when there is a vehicle behind me....sounds a bit backwards doesn't it

Tricks the mirror into thinking its darker that it really is outside?

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Perhaps that's a way to make the mirror dim more even with non tinted windows.
I'll give it a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts