Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I like to seek an opinion, both aesthetically and technically. I feel the rear tail-lights of the CT very understated, coupled with a single reverse light, whom many have questioned if one of the lights have gone.

Hence, I'm looking at ways to enhance and through forum-mers and a bit of searching around, I think there is only one available option coming out of Korea.

The option being to replace the strips with LED for a longer stop light, similar to the initial CT concept, whilst same time including a 2nd reverse LED light.

I may also want to replace the bumper reflectors with LED (there are red and clear options).

The cost is about AUD279 and AUD90 respectively, not including installation.

What do you think in terms of looks-wise, and for those who have done any form of LED installation, how hard is it to find a vendor that can install these LED fitments?

Their URL and a sample video is as below.

http://www.exledmall.com/shop/goods/goods_view.php?goodsno=8233

exLED LED Upgrade module for Lexus CT200h (by exLEDMall.com) - YouTube

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi,

No doubt the LED tail lights from ledMall looks nice but I would stay away from them.

Here are some videos from the same maker showing how it's done.
LEDSTUDIOKOREA's Channel - YouTube
LEDSTUDIOKOREA's Channel - YouTube

Makes me cringe to see the solder iron melt and crack open the housing unit in order to install the LED kit.
Sorry mate, just not keen on doing this to my new CT.

However I'm thinking about this LED mod but haven't decided yet.
LEXUS Hybrid CT200h 2011- 2012 LED rear bumper reflector lamp light - RED color | eBay

Cheers,
Bill :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Many, many thanks for this. I sat through the long video and yikes that was brutal operation. Now that might be on a KIA and their tail-lights are cheaper than Lexus and probably more available at the wreakers. If I was going to do it and I would like them but not at the expense of a tail-light being damaged. Is our tail-light built similarly the to KIA's and if so I understand your comment to stay away.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Fyi. I contacted the seller to inquire about product warranty for this kit. They will only replace if it's from shipping damage. They do not offer any other warranty. So buyers be warn.

I'm going to pass on this and wait for other sellers with better offer.
I have bought these from these guys in Taiwan, they are a good bunch. I spoke to them about their retruns policy - they said they are happy to help out where they can. I guess what they are saying is if you mess up on the install for example they are not liable, fair point I guess. They were installed today by Lexus, pictures to follow although no turn signal as this would be illegal in the UK as this must be amber.

For me, very happy with them, IMHO they look really good.

·
Registered
195 Posts

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts