Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's strange. I don't know if it's the shape of the CT, common for all hatch backs, or I just haven't noticed it before in my old car, but the rear hatch door and the rear bumper is always attracting dirt.

I spent a couple hours washing and waxing my car, took it for a spin and when I got back the car is spotless except for the rear of the car! Oh well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree same issue I have to believe it is the aerodynamics of the car just means more washes per week small price to pay for a fun vehicle to drive

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's strange. I don't know if it's the shape of the CT, common for all hatch backs, or I just haven't noticed it before in my old car, but the rear hatch door and the rear bumper is always attracting dirt.

I spent a couple hours washing and waxing my car, took it for a spin and when I got back the car is spotless except for the rear of the car! Oh well.
Agreed, forever cleaning the bumper and the ledge below the rear screen. Unfortunately that is the price you pay for a hatch back.

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's the new designs. My 08 Highlander Hybrid, both the wife's Prius's and now my CT all seem to attact dirt, dust, pollen, etc... on the rear of the car. But the 43MPG makes me forget about it real quick :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Agreed. Saloon or sedan cars don't need a rear wiper, not because the rain doesn't hit it but because there is no spray effect. The opposite is true of hatch backs I'm affraid.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes.. it is CT's dirty spot lol.
I'm thinking to put 3M on the rear ><"
I noticed a few small scratches, may caused by the small stones..
since we use sand+stones on the road here for winter.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I recommend Meguiars Quik Detailer... wipes the dirty spots clean off.
Another dirty spot to look out for are the wheels.

·
Registered
66 Posts
True say @ OP... I always end up hosing the rear of the car after a quick drive around the block... It seems to attract everything.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm wondering if installing splash guards might help to mitigate the dirt from the tires kicking up the dirt onto the car?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm wondering if installing splash guards might help to mitigate the dirt from the tires kicking up the dirt onto the car?
I want splash guards. Do they make OEM ones for the CT? (or would another model Lexus fit?)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I highly doubt splash guards would help. There's another thread about whether or not splash guards are available yet, but not yet from what I've read. Apparently it took a few months for them to come out after the Prius was released, but I would suspect could take longer given all of the production/CT issues at hand.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Maybe not the ultimate solution, but I think splash guards help a lot. My minivan has them and deflects a lot of road salt, pebbles, debris off the vehicle, unlike the Jeep I used to own that got powdery white all up the sides.

·
Registered
51 Posts

I agree, I haven't washed it since I got it and only the rear is dirty.

LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a new ct200h and love the car. I have the same problem with road dirt on the rear. I have checked and Lexus does not have splash guards for this car yet. Othe manufactuers make similar hatchbacks that might fit. Audi makes one with part number 8P5-075-101 for $67.20 and Jeep makes a compass with rear splah guards at $20. I have not tried these but they look like they might work. If anyone has tried other manufactuerers flaps that work, please let us know. I feel confident they could solve our problem if they fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with my new ct200h. I have visited a lot of car dealerships looking for a hatchback with flaps that may work. The Audi hatchback has rear mud flaps that look like they may work. A bit pricey for a "maybe solution". The part number is 8P5-075-101 at $67.20. Like I said. they look like they may work but I have not tried them yet. I feel confident that rear flaps would solve the problem if we can just find the right ones. Anyone out there with tried and proven solution????

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree same issue I have to believe it is the aerodynamics of the car just means more washes per week small price to pay for a fun vehicle to drive
+1 on aerodynamics = dirt on rear.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It's the curse of owning a hatch back.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yeah, driving this car in the winter is high maintenance to keep the rear clean. Any bit of road salt/wetness after snow and the back is filthy...I'm now VERY GLAD they put the rear wiper on otherwise I wouldn't be able to see.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think it is just the aerodynamics. My wife's GS350 gets just as dirty on that small trunk lid and the top of the bumper area between the trunk and the vertical surface of the rear bumper.

I don't see how anyone could complain about the wheels on these cars. I have never cleaned them with anything more than a spray of water while washing the car. No wheel cleaner, no brush, no nothing. They stay remarkably clean as did my Prius wheels. I guess the regenerative brakes are just clean.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You can put all the mudflaps on the car you want, it will not help. The dirt comes from underneath the car - the wheels aren't thowing up dirt onto the middle of the back window.

I have the same problem with my new ct200h. I have visited a lot of car dealerships looking for a hatchback with flaps that may work. The Audi hatchback has rear mud flaps that look like they may work. A bit pricey for a "maybe solution". The part number is 8P5-075-101 at $67.20. Like I said. they look like they may work but I have not tried them yet. I feel confident that rear flaps would solve the problem if we can just find the right ones. Anyone out there with tried and proven solution????

1 - 20 of 30 Posts