Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was replacing the door handle cap on my 2012 Lexus CT200h f sport, after completing the repair I was unable to open the door from the exterior but able to from the interior. Long story short I clicked the child lock thinking it was that, closed the door and now I’m unable to open the door at all. Does anyone know how to override the child lock or get the door open some how, I did already tried to reset the door lock by holding down the unlock and lock button for 5 seconds and also disconnecting the battery but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Staring the new year off with a fun repair!

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
432 Posts
The child safety lock is so kids cant open door from inside. You should still be able to open from outside, but that was your original issue. Think you need to remove door panel, reach in and manually unclick it (super difficult with the door closed) or use a pry tool in between the gasket to click it. I don't think that Lexus took into consideration that the door would be inoperable from outside and the child safe lock would be engages at the same time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today I was replacing the door handle cap on my 2012 Lexus CT200h f sport, after completing the repair I was unable to open the door from the exterior but able to from the interior. Long story short I clicked the child lock thinking it was that, closed the door and now I’m unable to open the door at all. Does anyone know how to override the child lock or get the door open some how, I did already tried to reset the door lock by holding down the unlock and lock button for 5 seconds and also disconnecting the battery but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Staring the new year off with a fun repair!
Have you tried disconnecting the battery after 10min reconnect it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts