Lexus CT200h Forums banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great news...but I am not doing so well...what should I be looking at? I've had my CT since Nov...mostly city driving and I am getting 6.8 ....sometimes 7.1 .....disappointing....wondering if something is off...thoughts?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Great news...but I am not doing so well...what should I be looking at? I've had my CT since Nov...mostly city driving and I am getting 6.8 ....sometimes 7.1 .....disappointing....wondering if something is off...thoughts?
If you're in winter conditions and also doing very short trips, you'll do 6.2 to 7, which is what I'm doing right now. From april to october, I was doing 5.0 and less. So, be patient, summer is slowly coming.

·
Registered
486 Posts
If you're in winter conditions and also doing very short trips, you'll do 6.2 to 7, which is what I'm doing right now. From april to october, I was doing 5.0 and less. So, be patient, summer is slowly coming.
I'm definitely doing the F sport lowering springs.
Just waiting til the snow is gone!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just hit 2000 miles on the ODO and am averaging 42.2 MPG (according to the computer). I drive pretty aggressively too using a combination of Sport and Eco (and occasional EV when in traffic). I rarely drive in normal mode. As an experiment, I hyper-miled my daily commute of about 80 miles one day and got about 55 MPG (using a lot of ECO and cruise control and EV whenever possible). Not nearly as good as my old gen 3 Prius but at least as good as advertised.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My CT is very consistent at 47.5 MPG, +/- .5. I have a bit over 6K miles and have driven it for 4 months.

Driving is fairly slow freeway in the AM - about 50-65 MPH. Evening is stop & go. 28 mi. One way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had my CT for 11 months, and I average about 49.9 mpg overall. I commute on Chicago expressways and take a road trip about once every other month. The cold weather reduced the mileage, but the Spring brought the average back to 49/50. I tend to leave the EV/Sport dial alone. I can be a bit of a lead-foot if traffic allows.

So far, I love the car and love the service I receive from the Lexus dealer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
On my last tank I got the unfortunate pleasure of getting E10 even though what the station was selling was supposed to be pure gas. I could tell by the smell that the gas had ethanol in it but it was too late at that point. Anyway by the tanks end which was only 400 miles the onboard computer reported only 49mpg and my calculated mpg was only 46.4. Normally the comp is only off by 2mpg. Moral of story: don't use e10 and watch out for dishonest gas stations.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
842 Posts
On my last tank I got the unfortunate pleasure of getting E10 even though what the station was selling was supposed to be pure gas. I could tell by the smell that the gas had ethanol in it but it was too late at that point. Anyway by the tanks end which was only 400 miles the onboard computer reported only 49mpg and my calculated mpg was only 46.4. Normally the comp is only off by 2mpg. Moral of story: don't use e10 and watch out for dishonest gas stations.

You guys in Oklahoma are spoiled! I haven't bought an ethanol free gallon of gasoline for years. Marathon stations in the Keys have straight gasoline (mostly for marine use, but in a regular pump), but they charge a ridiculous premium for it. Maybe that explains why some people are getting huge mpg figures that I can't touch (although I am not sure I care all that much).

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm in Toronto (fairly flat) and do about 70/30 city/hwy driving mostly like a granny
If I'm good, I am able to get approx 700km (440mi) per tank (~32L)!!
Which is an amazing 52MPG
Most of the time I get approx 650km per tank (~48MPG)
I have to say this is such an amazing car, the fuel economy is stellar!

At the beginning I was disappointed with the fuel economy, but I just had to learn how to drive the car as efficiently as possible.

·
Registered
62 Posts
At some point I want to drive an entire tank just on city streets to see if I can hit better than 55mpg.

I've also wondered if I had bought a prius if I could get 20% better than the EPA rating.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We took a road trip from LA to Seattle in April, and the Oregon E10 dropped MPGs by about 5. When I got home, I noticed the gas cap says not to use more than 10% Ethanol. I would say not to use it at all if you can avoid it. My usual day to day is 44.6, with 50/50 city and freeway driving. I've seen as high as 51, but 43-44 is normal. With E10 it was in the high 30's. Just for comparison, our 2006 Prius only gets 40.5 or so in similar driving, but it has over 110,000 miles. Still less than 10K on the CT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
With about 3,000 miles on the odometer, I'm averaging 48 mpg. And that includes a long drive to CO where I was crossing mountain passes and driving over 70 mph for hours on end. The trick is to "pump and pull back," meaning that when you step on the gas, pull back on the accelerator once you have reached speed -- or better yet, a little before then. It allows the engine to burn more efficiently the gas which you have already injected into the cylinders, which would otherwise be wasted. The "pump and pull back" technique will get you 5-10 mpg more out of the engine than you otherwise would. As for the eco drive mode, it does nothing (other than make you have to push more on the gas pedal to get anywhere) that you cannot do yourself with smart driving practices.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts