Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
What did you have your cruise set at? 60 mph, or is that average the result of faster and slower driving mixed in? I'd be interested in seeing the the mpg performance at my normal interstate cruising speed in the 70-75 mph range. Guess I can try it out myself since I'm heading over to the dealer momentarily to pick up my new vehicle.:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had some conference calls this morning so I decided what better place to take them than my new CT. I drove 118 miles all around Charlotte, NC. A mixture of interstates, secondary roads, and stop and go traffic. I repeatedly cycled through the different driving modes. Anytime I had to more than modestly accelerate I threw it in "sport" mode. When up to speed on a secondary road, I shifted it to "nomal". When cruising along the interstates, I put it in "Eco" but toggled through "normal","sport", and "EV" (dang rush hour bottlenecks!) depending on the traffic conditions. Through all of that I averaged 47.8mpg. Very impressive!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I finally topped up the tank. It appears that 5.90 gallons got me 260 miles through mixed driving conditions or about 44.1mpg. Computer readout was 46.3 over the same interval. Not totally unreasonable considering the tank may or may not have been slightly short of full when the vehicle was delivered.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Whoa, really? Please elaborate! I've been driving almost exclusively in Eco mode to try to maximize the MPG and I'm up to 41mpg... How have you tested it?

Maybe I'll hit normal mode for a fillup and see what happens?
I was doing the same for a while but have since abandoned Eco mode completely. My mpg seemed to really suffer in in situations needing even modest acceleration. Normal mode is certainly worth investigating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.