Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a CT200h on Friday. Premium_No Nav.

I commute to and from Bakersfield and Long Beach CA weekly (approx 130miles one-way).

Last night's drive.

Drive mode: ECO/Cruise Control
Elapsed Time: 2hrs 10 mins
Average Speed: 60mph
MPG: 44.6!!!

This drive includes driving over the Grapevine. Starting altitude approx. 500ft Top of the mountain on the fwy is approx. 4,300 ft. Going south this is about 10 miles to get from bottom to top of the hill.

There was some traffic about 90% into the drive where the car transitioned into EV mode automatically. Only about 1 mile though. Also, had about 5 miles of (off Fwy) city driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for sharing your mpg... This is the real issue for me right now. If the mileage is accurate, I'm thinking I'll one of these babies in the garage in the summer.

Any other folks out there wanna share their real world mpg?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for the good news. I just filled mine up for the first time yesterday. I'll post back once I have some numbers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What did you have your cruise set at? 60 mph, or is that average the result of faster and slower driving mixed in? I'd be interested in seeing the the mpg performance at my normal interstate cruising speed in the 70-75 mph range. Guess I can try it out myself since I'm heading over to the dealer momentarily to pick up my new vehicle.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cruise control was between 70 - 75mph. There were occasional spurts up to 80mph. I traded in an Mercedes E550 coupe, so adjusting the "need for speed"... lol

The car climbed the hill at a constant speed (65mph) no problems, could have kept the higher speeds except for the others on the road that don't understand the concept of "slower traffic keep right". Ongoing pet peeve.
One thing I began to notice, though it may have been coincidental and subjective, the current MPG guage appeared to get better above 70mph than at 65mph.

BTW: The drive mode (ECO,Normal or Sport) is irrelevent in Cruise Control. The control does what it needs to do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Granted my experience was merely a test drive (two actually), mileage proved to be EXTREMELY impressive.

My first trip, which included five miles south on the interstate and then a return trip... finishing with one mile in town bumper to bumper (EV mode), yielded 59 mpg. The second trip, similar drive only three miles up and three miles back on the interstate, then a more technical three mile back road trip to the dealership yielded 50.1 mpg.

I had a VERY light foot and ensured I stretched as much mileage out as possible, and the result was being EXTREMELY being pleased.

Will this be typical results? I guess if you kept a light foot!!! :D

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
So far I am averaging 44.3 MPG, have gone through 1 1/1 tanks since March 2nd, :). Had to take it out last night just to ride! I am seeing similar millage on the highway and city driving. I am driving like I normally do, no special attempts to save fuel. I drove a Honda Accord Hybrid before and this little CT has as much power with better mileage! I switch into Sport Mode when I need a little more power. Took it through Hollywood FL last night and then over to the Turnpike - it handles curves so well, I love this car!

Also took it diving Sunday morning with about 90lbs of gear - no change on mileage.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I achieved 4.4L/100km. So thats about 53mpg! on my my route which consisted of 15 mins of city driving and 15 mins of hwy driving.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had some conference calls this morning so I decided what better place to take them than my new CT. I drove 118 miles all around Charlotte, NC. A mixture of interstates, secondary roads, and stop and go traffic. I repeatedly cycled through the different driving modes. Anytime I had to more than modestly accelerate I threw it in "sport" mode. When up to speed on a secondary road, I shifted it to "nomal". When cruising along the interstates, I put it in "Eco" but toggled through "normal","sport", and "EV" (dang rush hour bottlenecks!) depending on the traffic conditions. Through all of that I averaged 47.8mpg. Very impressive!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Are all of these MPG figures from the computer? Has someone used miles driven divided by gallons used?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Awesome. I can see easily getting 45 - 50 mpg driving with a light foot with the CT. I easily averaged 52+ of mostly highway driving when I had an 06 Prius. Can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
For me, it's just computer mileage. I'll probably top up the tank later today so I can properly track the gallons used. Admittedly, I am also a bit skeptical of the computer mileage until accuracy has been confirmed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hate this forum.. I can't stop trolling it but the more I read the more anxious I get to get my CT!! I am driving a VW GTI (MKV) and it eats gas like crazy.
Won't be ordering my CT until late May/early June :( But good to hear the awesome mileage everyones getting.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Its all about how you drive it. The sport mode is nice as it boost the voltage potential. But ya, if you're lightly on the throttle pedal, you should still get good mpg. The modes change the throttle pedal mapping (as well as a few other things like voltage boost and steering mapping). But from an engine perspective, its only boosting the throttle mapping. So if you tread lightly, then yes, you can still achieve good mpg.

·
Registered
15 Posts
MPG seems quite impressive. one question is what kind of gas octane are you guys using? 87 octane?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I finally topped up the tank. It appears that 5.90 gallons got me 260 miles through mixed driving conditions or about 44.1mpg. Computer readout was 46.3 over the same interval. Not totally unreasonable considering the tank may or may not have been slightly short of full when the vehicle was delivered.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am definitely curious to see what the real world MPG is. My 2011 WRX will often indicate a 2 mile desparity between what the computer indicates and what I actually see. It's not all that much, but it makes a difference when I'm pulling 21 versus 23 MPG. I can't wait for my new CT! Should be here this coming week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was the first to buy one from Lexus of Silver Spring, Maryland. Only had 2 on the lot and had to save one for test drives. Got the Matador Red Mica with the Premium Audio and Nav Packages. Only beef I have with the car is not having auto winshield wipers. Never even crossed my mind that a Lexus would come without this as standard :( . Oh well. Really like the car otherwise. I have driven exactly 381 miles and still have about 1/8 of a tank reading on the fuel gage. Have had the car for 1 week and have driven strictly in Normal mode in mixed highway and city driving. Will be filling her up sometime tomorrow. Plan to drive strictly in Sport Mode on the next tank of gas and Eco Mode on the 3rd tank to see if there are wide differences. Will give a report each week.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts