Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So I know for our OEM Navigation, it is the TomTom Moveon navigation.
It comes with:

A one year, free LIVE Services(2) subscription, including:
1. HD Traffic - providing the most up-to-date, real-time traffic information for dynamic routing

Does anyone know how much it will cost to continue receiving the real-time traffic information?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just called the dealership and they said the LIVE TRAFFIC is actually under the same subscription as XM radio. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I just called the dealership and they said the LIVE TRAFFIC is actually under the same subscription as XM radio. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes. It will expire at the same time XM radio free trial expires. And it is $3.99 a month to continue for just the traffic.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the information.

$3.99 per month seems very reasonable. I will definitely subscribe to that. Anyone have any comments on the HD traffic? From my experience, it seems to be fairly accurate.

·
Registered
58 Posts
we live in Southern California, and we like it.

BTW, if you use the voice commands and ask for traffic info, then say the highway, you'll get a list of all the incidents on that road. (don't know if this is documented anywhere).

FYI, I got a 2013 RX loaner from my Lexus dealer and saw that 2013 Nav on that car also lists them for you on the screen too. I wish that my 2012 CT had that too!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ooo jerseysss, that is awesome to know!
what is the voice command to check for traffic if you dont mind me asking!?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't remember the exact sequence. I think that the voice prompt sequence is: information, traffic, roads, I 405. Give it a try on your car. ( mine is out for the holiday )

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just don't think any of that is worth it. I let my XM run out after the three months was up. I didn't use it that much anyway. And it was only use-able in my car.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I live in So Cal too, and I will probably pay for traffic too if I didn't already have a smartphone. I have Google Now set up to tell me if there is any heavy traffic on my route to and from work. As for XM music, Spotify is so much better than XM. :p It helps that I have unlimited data on my phone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
true that @lostchild. i have the verizon galaxy s3 so i dont have google now yet. maybe once i get my jellybean update ill try it out!
thanks for the info!

however, the only reason why i like the live traffic on the nav, is because of the "avoid traffic" function. it really does save a good amount of time, and is surprisingly accurate.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow this is awesome and I'm glad I saw it.... when my XM expired, they called me like 5 times a day everyday to renew. I kept asking for only traffic and they said it was not available. It came as a whole package so I needed to activate audio to get traffic. I will call tomorrow for the traffic only for $3.99.

My question is.... how do we make this $4 payment? is it added to our Lexus payment or is it seperate? I definitely want it asap.

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wow this is awesome and I'm glad I saw it.... when my XM expired, they called me like 5 times a day everyday to renew. I kept asking for only traffic and they said it was not available. It came as a whole package so I needed to activate audio to get traffic. I will call tomorrow for the traffic only for $3.99.

My question is.... how do we make this $4 payment? is it added to our Lexus payment or is it seperate? I definitely want it asap.

Thanks all!!
It will be like XM, it is charged to your credit card monthly. It will be your responsibility to cancel when you longer don't want the service.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks again but I called xm and they again stated that I need to fully activate the radio in order to have traffic. $14.99 or $9.99 a month for it. She seemed clueless and helpless. I'm going to go through the dealer to see if they can help me better. I've tried multiple times to just have traffic and they always tell me I can't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dealing with Sirius/XM is a real pain, in my experience: they try like h--- to upsell you at every turn.

As others have posted, it's $4.00 give or take for traffic only. Yes, they can do it, it's not a problem, zero discussion required. My advice is to simply keep repeating that you want traffic only for about $4 ( or whatever it is) until they Get It. Disregard everything else they say. It worked for me, but can be frustrating.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.