Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the car for a test drive the other day - fantastic car. I stated in another thread, that I am coming from a 390hp evo - so I was a little skeptical about what I would feel about driving a car with 1/3 the power.

thank god I went into it with an open mind, because it was sort of what I expected. But not low enough on power that it would bother me day to day.

what I did notice though, was when the salesman was showing me the NAV display, I noticed that average fuel economy was 8.6L / 100km. This worries me a little bit - but I can assume that it was so high because on every test drive previous to mine, the accelerator was hammered to the floor.

What sort of real life fuel conomoy is everyone getting?? If it's anywhere close to 8 L / km I will be looking elsewhere :(

·
Registered
516 Posts
So I took the car for a test drive the other day - fantastic car. I stated in another thread, that I am coming from a 390hp evo - so I was a little skeptical about what I would feel about driving a car with 1/3 the power.

thank god I went into it with an open mind, because it was sort of what I expected. But not low enough on power that it would bother me day to day.

what I did notice though, was when the salesman was showing me the NAV display, I noticed that average fuel economy was 8.6L / 100km. This worries me a little bit - but I can assume that it was so high because on every test drive previous to mine, the accelerator was hammered to the floor.

What sort of real life fuel conomoy is everyone getting?? If it's anywhere close to 8 L / km I will be looking elsewhere :(
Not sure about the Liter to Gallon or back conversion. I drive pretty easily in ECO mode mostly...and, on 2nd week of ownership, getting a real world 48.3 MPG...car shows 49 on average MPG screen and instant screen MPG shows 53. I can tell you it's much better than I ever expected to get

·
Registered
414 Posts

I've had mine for a month now and my average reads 5.2 l/100km.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not sure about the Liter to Gallon or back conversion. I drive pretty easily in ECO mode mostly...and, on 2nd week of ownership, getting a real world 48.3 MPG...car shows 49 on average MPG screen and instant screen MPG shows 53. I can tell you it's much better than I ever expected to get
By the way, there is a great iPhone app to do all these conversions - it's called myConvert. It has a ton of conversions you can do. So converting 5.2 l/100km works out to 54.32 mpg CDN or 45.23 mpg US. Likewise, 49 mpg US works out to 4.8 l/100km.

Don't forget 1 CDN gallon = 1.2 US gallons = 4.55 l

·
Registered
32 Posts
On both of the cars I test drove I noticed that the mpg was low - around 36 mpg. I think it was a combination of short test drives, people testing the power of the car, and (mostly) all the time spent in park while the salesperson showed the customer the interior features. I'm getting around 47 mpg.

There's another thread here on real world gas mileage that has a lot of good information.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great - thanks for the quick responses guys! glad to hear everyone seems to average 5 L/100km or so. Well - that firms it, I'll try to pick one up asap. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
I come from a 550whp evo8 too (had a toyota avensis also as a every day car). The evo consumed something like 20-40l/100km. I never really dared to calculate it :D

For the CT200h:
When I drive active in sport mode I use 5.8-6L/100km.
When I drive normal back and forth to the work (60km one way and 70% highway at 130km/h) i use 5.4L/100km.
When I drive like a good citizen (110km/h, less aggressive accelerations and so on) I do consume 5.2L/100km.

My toyota avensis 2.0l diesel did consume 6.6L/100km on my normal commute to work.

And on top of that we get a very high discount if we choose a car like this as work-car which makes the CT200h very much cheaper every month than the avensis I had earlier and it feels like the ct200 have more hp even thou it dosnt. Especially on small curvy roads where the ct actually are fun to drive in contrast to the avensis.

Good luck with your search for a car!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been getting 5.8L/100km or around 40 MPG US. I live in a hilly area so I am into the engine a lot. Given my CX7 was getting 17 MPG on premium fuel I am n0t compaining. I spent a couples of days in Vancouver where I did some slow speed flat land driving and got up to 46 MPG. Clearly driving technique and road conditions can really make a difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I do not know if this is what's called breaking in but I have 6,000 miles on my Ct and I am starting to get around 48 MPG. Maybe, I am driving smarter.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I get about 42 MPG as advertised. I drive with the windows down.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Tu as acheté ta CT?

Lequel garage as tu fais l'essai routier?

Javais un Evo X aussi avant la j'ai un prius Touring sur les 17 pouces j'aime beaucoup mais je change pour conduire un lexus!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm so happy to see good numbers (especially since I pulled the trigger!). When I took my last test drive ( a short 10 minutes ), I managed to figure out to reset the avg consumption, since the salesguy didn't know how, and for the test drive I averaged 3.9 L / 100km. I was in shock, considering that short test drive was about the same as my commute to work. Needless to say, I was :eek::eek::D!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just make sure if you have been out driving for a little while...and battery has some charge on it...to do this...when you are slowing down or just driving up to a max of about 42 MPH, and the economy needle gauge on left is in the blue, let off the gas pedal so the needle is no higher up than the ECO part at 9 o'clock on the gauge...when you let off the gas pedal for a second until the green EV light comes on, you are now in electric mode....just make sure not to accelerate too much or if the needle goes to high (about 9'oclock or speed goes about about 42 MPH, it will disengage back to gas power). I have done this in stop and go traffic and it's amazing how many miles I actually drove on pure electric...probably pissed a lot of people off who wanted to go faster than 42 MPH but it was a lot of traffic so I really shouldn't have pissed off too many people...besides, that's why there are 5 lanes on the highway. Filled up my car last Wednesday at $32...I have been driving about 60 miles to and from work everyday M-F and a little local driving in my neighborhood on Sat and Sun...tomorrow is 10 days and I'll probably need to put some gas in...it's also a full month from June 3rd (the day they delivered my car). It came with a full tank of gas and I have filled up twice more at approximately $32/fillup (9 gallons when showing empty)...at this rate, I will spend about $100/month for my fuel expense...awesome. I got my car with 11 miles on it and today, arriving home, I had about 1285 miles...figure another 60-70 tomorrow...that's 1,355 miles on $100/gas (I counted the first fill-up from the dealer)...how cool is that? I used to spend on my Buick Enclave at least $$400/month on gas

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm averaging about 44 mpg, I do a great deal of freeway driving.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Bondguy,
I would suggest concentrating on driving and being aware of traffic around and keeping up with the flow of traffic. If there is a large car or truck in back of you and decide to change lane suddenly because you're too slow, some phone talking speed demon idiot could rear end you. Other dynamics come into play when a slow car is in a sea of fast moving cars which could cause an accident when there is only a fraction of a second to react. To me it's not worth saving a few bucks or trying to achieve lofty mileage number which could quickly negate all that and beyond with one accident. There are lots of unskill drivers out there, drive safely.

·
Registered
134 Posts
After 3 1/2 months of ownership and 6000km, I'm now down to 4.3L/100km (computer readout) on this latest tank and real world is very close at 4.5L/100km or 52 MPG (US). Needless to say, I'm incredibly pleased. Maybe it's the break-in and warmer weather as I started out in the low 5L/100km range back in March.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Bondguy,
I would suggest concentrating on driving and being aware of traffic around and keeping up with the flow of traffic. If there is a large car or truck in back of you and decide to change lane suddenly because you're too slow, some phone talking speed demon idiot could rear end you. Other dynamics come into play when a slow car is in a sea of fast moving cars which could cause an accident when there is only a fraction of a second to react. To me it's not worth saving a few bucks or trying to achieve lofty mileage number which could quickly negate all that and beyond with one accident. There are lots of unskill drivers out there, drive safely.
I agree slow drivers present hazards just as much as conventional reckless drivers.

In fact I would include slow drivers in the class of reckless drivers.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I agree slow drivers present hazards just as much as conventional reckless drivers.

In fact I would include slow drivers in the class of reckless drivers.
Depends what you call slow...here, slow is doing 65-70 MPH on a freeway whose speed limit is 65 MPH...there are drivers who fly by at 85+MPH...if I do decide to go 65-70, even though I have the sticker to drive in the HOV left lane by myself, I generally move over to the far right...I don't want to be holding up traffic...and, I do keep a full watch of what's around me. I think I was unclear...I don't do 42 MPH on I-95...only on local streets in my neighborhood where the speed limit posted is either 40 or 45 MPH

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Depends what you call slow...here, slow is doing 65-70 MPH on a freeway whose speed limit is 65 MPH...there are drivers who fly by at 85+MPH...if I do decide to go 65-70, even though I have the sticker to drive in the HOV left lane by myself, I generally move over to the far right...I don't want to be holding up traffic...and, I do keep a full watch of what's around me. I think I was unclear...I don't do 42 MPH on I-95...only on local streets in my neighborhood where the speed limit posted is either 40 or 45 MPH
I didn't read it that way...you DID say you were in a bunch of traffic. Now if you were in traffic but left 2,000 ft. of clearance in front of you on the freeway because you were driving 42 MPG to see your 9 o'clock setting...that's a different story! :p

1 - 20 of 60 Posts