Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i've had my car for about 3 months now and the thing is as solid as a rock except for the rattling I get during certain songs/bass hits which sounds like it's coming from the upper edge of the driver and passenger door. For the drivers door it's right by my left ear and I can't seem to pinpoint it. Needless to say when I was poking around I decided to pull off the upper edge of the door seal itself to find that it's adhered to the vehicle with a heavy grease that runs all along the inside of the seal where it attaches to the body of the car. Boy what a mess this stuff is! Why did lexus decide to put grease on these door seals? I'm not talking the seal on the door itself but the seal that is in the inner edge of the door opening on the body of the car. I've never seen a car that had that.

Anyways has anyone experienced this same rattle with music and found a solution to it. Bringing it to the dealer will be absoluttely worthless as I guarantee they will test drive the vehicle and say that they could not replicate the rattle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
If it's just rattles while playing music then it has to do something with the speakers themselves or speaker enclosure. Sometimes a blown voicecoill will make like a chuffing or scratching sound. Also check that the speaker driver is secured.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Had sound deadening installed inside the door panels. A lot of clips were in there and I also had sound deadening tucked between them and the body/door.Also removed the noisy dash panel above the glove box (the one replaceable with wood/bamboo), and had masking tape rolled on one side of its clips/locks.Another problem which sounds like its coming from the passenger door but isn't, is the wire clips below the passenger side seat. Had sound deadening stuck onto those as well.Removed around 80% of the rattling. Still can't get where the other 20% is coming from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
I have similar sounds and after 3 trips to the dealer they of course can't find anything. Even on a road test with 2 techs I got it to reproduce a bit and the one tech was sure it was coming from behind a vent but when I got my car back (it was in for the EGR replacement) and nothing was done! The service at my dealer has not been very good - so much so that I may ditch this car even though I love it, and there is only one in my city so I am SOL.
One thing for the door/window rattle that I found sometimes helps is to close the windows - even though they are closed I pull up on the window close button and for my passenger side espeically it always seems to go up a half inch so it's like it slips over time and it might be the window rattling...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's just rattles while playing music then it has to do something with the speakers themselves or speaker enclosure. Sometimes a blown voicecoill will make like a chuffing or scratching sound. Also check that the speaker driver is secured.
Sorry but that response couldn't be further from truth. The speakers are just fine. You're telling me that if a rattle occurs with music the speakers are blown??? Come on speakers and bass CAUSE vibrations and anything loose will rattle. The bass also rattles change in my cup holder at times...does that means my speaker is blown?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So does anyone else have grease where their door seals attach to the body of the car?

My rattle almost apepars to be coming from the upper edge of the window itself. Sometimes i'll wedge my finger into the upper corner of the window right by my left ear and the rattling muffles abit but does entirely go away.

Otherwise that's the only rattle I have I don't have any dash rattles at all.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top