Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the 2012 Ct 200h comes out in September/October, that may make the 2011 CT the rarest car on the market.

Most of us here would own a rare car. :cool:

·
Registered
237 Posts
If the 2012 Ct 200h comes out in September/October, that may make the 2011 CT the rarest car on the market.

I hadn't thought of that, good job looking at the bright side!! :cool:

·
Registered
516 Posts

I agree...also, just the fact I have a car built solely in Japan that was manufactured in the month of March 2011 (month of the tsunami and earthquake) makes it quite a unique vehicle to speak about...

·
Registered
283 Posts
But on the downside we, who have them, take an over 1 year deprecation in less than 6 months. Quite a good deal for Lexus and the car dealers. :mad:

·
Registered
30 Posts
we should get a free upgrade to the 2012 model if it ever comes out this year... lol or perhaps a 50% off discount?? haha

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
But on the downside we, who have them, take an over 1 year deprecation in less than 6 months. Quite a good deal for Lexus and the car dealers. :mad:
I'm not really worried about that, I'll be keeping this car for at least 7 years, so won't matter much then.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Please keep in mind that our cars weren't available until March! So, even without the earthquake, we wouldn't have gotten a full year before the "next model year" depreciation kicked in. After catching up on the back log of already placed orders, it appears that they may start production on the 2012's a bit early, that's all! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
To the original posters point: Yes, I, for one do like driving a RARE car. It's nice to not see your car over and over and over. I should know as I went from a Honda Accord to this car. I got tired of even going to a parking lot in a shopping center and having to use the key fob to locate which Gold Accord was mine as it was not unusual to see 2 to 3 in a big lot!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Please keep in mind that our cars weren't available until March! So, even without the earthquake, we wouldn't have gotten a full year before the "next model year" depreciation kicked in. After catching up on the back log of already placed orders, it appears that they may start production on the 2012's a bit early, that's all! :)
I'm not too sure what the depreciation is on the CT, but I have noticed that the lease residual has gone up considerably since I first started looking at the car in May. The Lexus finance department now seems to believe that the car will have a very high value after 4 years, and is setting the lease rates accordingly.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
My delima

Depreciation is my delima. Should I take delivery August 10-15 of a 2011 CT that is almost what I want ( red/black nuluxe and nav) or special order a red 2012 CT with nav , black leather, pre-collision and LED lights ?

Help me decide ?

My dealers in Houston say they won't take orders yet and it will be early next year before they come in .... Is this just a scare tactic ?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some dealers are taking orders for 2012 CTs now. I wonder why Houston dealers wont?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
choice 2011 or 2012 at same price ??

Some dealers are taking orders for 2012 CTs now. I wonder why Houston dealers wont?
The only reason, I can think is that they have already committed to 2011 allocations and want to assure they are not stuck with them; I mean if a buyer has a choice between 2011 and 2012 at basically the same price the choice is obvious. I could be wrong, but it sure has me in a delima.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Northside Lexus will take a 2012 order. The sales manager confirmed my order is in and will be produced as soon as the production line changes over. I found the salespeople are not as well informed.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Dirvin -Thanks

Northside Lexus will take a 2012 order. The sales manager confirmed my order is in and will be produced as soon as the production line changes over. I found the salespeople are not as well informed.
Dirvin,

Thank you very much for all the valuable information and responses you provide. You are a pretty sharp car person ;) ( yes I know you are female) And I mean that as a nice compliment coming from a true car_nut, me. I hope you get your CT200h soon and can enjoy it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey dkid,

when you got your car from sewell, did you have a option for the front license plate?
No, State law requires front license plate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This whole 2011 or 2012 situation is very disconcerting. I am scheduled to pick up a 2011 white/black/nav CT in mid August and was made to feel that I should be grateful for such an opportunity. I asked about the 2012s comming out and my preference for the newer year model and caramel interior preference. No straight answer from the dealer. I just wish that they were real. I have waited for 3 months for a CT and would not mind waiting a little longer but feel torn.

·
Registered
245 Posts
This whole 2011 or 2012 situation is very disconcerting. I am scheduled to pick up a 2011 white/black/nav CT in mid August and was made to feel that I should be grateful for such an opportunity. I asked about the 2012s comming out and my preference for the newer year model and caramel interior preference. No straight answer from the dealer. I just wish that they were real. I have waited for 3 months for a CT and would not mind waiting a little longer but feel torn.
You can always choose to wait. I'm sure the dealers don't want to be stuck with 2011 cars but I do believe they are in the dark about upcoming inventory. It seems they only know a month or so out. I've bought many cars at year end because of year end pricing. No chance on that here. It's a seller's market.

2012s will likely look just like 2011s. Lexus does not make major changes from year to year in any model until a major revamp is due. You have to balance trade in value at the end vs wait time in the beginning.

Figure a special order at this point might take another 90 days. Then decide if it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dirvin,

Thank you very much for all the valuable information and responses you provide. You are a pretty sharp car person ;) ( yes I know you are female) And I mean that as a nice compliment coming from a true car_nut, me. I hope you get your CT200h soon and can enjoy it.
What I am is an expert on the difficulties of the ordering process. That and $2 will get me a nice size bottle of water. Glad I could be of help ;)

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Going to take delivery of a Rare Car

After much thought and discussion, I decided to accept the 2011 CT200h that ihave been "allocated" from the list. It is 95% of what I want right colore exterior, right color interior and Nav. Matador Red Mica with Black Nuluxe and Nav. The port delivery date is July 28, 2011 arriving Houston somewhere Aug 10-15, 2011

After, I asked the salesman to check, he came back an said I ( you guys and gals) were correct you can special order a 2012 CT and it would arrive around December 2011, If I added leather, LED and pre-collision I would raise the price another $5K; I kind of decided it wasn't worth it, especailly since it probably would have zero or only minimal addtional resale value.

Later ... and thanks or everyone's help

1 - 20 of 24 Posts