Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a 6 month old CT and I was pretty upset that I wasn't able to avoid some debris on the free way.

Whatever I hit rocked the undercarriage of my car a bit. Should I be worried? I have never seen the undercarriage setup of the CT.

Does anyone have a photo of what it looks like? What are the things that could have potentially be damaged?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Are you noticing anything strange? Do you see any damage? Are you hearing any noises?

Pretty hard to Internet diagnose. Get on your hands and knees and look under the car. Otherwise just keep driving it if nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have a 6 month old CT and I was pretty upset that I wasn't able to avoid some debris on the free way.

Whatever I hit rocked the undercarriage of my car a bit. Should I be worried? I have never seen the undercarriage setup of the CT.

Does anyone have a photo of what it looks like? What are the things that could have potentially be damaged?
I would take it to someone with a lift and have them inspect. Sounds like it was a jolt if it "rocked" it enough to say that. Who knows what could be damaged. Wouldn't take long for peace of mind...

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Well do the very basic diagnostics yourself:
  1. Any new strange noises or red dash lights.
  2. Park the car, observe for any liquid puddles other than air conditioner condensation
  3. Does your car pull to one side or the other if you very, very lightly have your hands on the steering wheel ( like taking your hands off the wheel without ‘really’ taking your hands off the wheel..
  4. Put something down on the ground to lay on and lay down and look under your car. Do you see anything hanging down that looks out-of-place, e.g. something that doesn’t aesthetically look Lexus like.
If none of the above are true, you are probably okay and don’t have to have your car towed to a Lexus dealer. But just to safe, you might want to schedule a look-see at you next convenient time with your Lexus dealer.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I concur with the consensus and think if there are no puddles, no warning lights and no strange noises you are probably fine. I have a lousy underground garage at my work and when the fuel tank is full, it takes a magic trick to get out without bottoming. I go as slow as I can, but it has to have happened 50 times since I got my car. So far, no damage. It must be shielded pretty well. I asked the person who was changing my oil and doing the various service stuff to take a look and he said he could see one small scrape on a solid piece of metal and nothing damaged. I think they shield the bottom fairly well for streamlining purposes to enhance mileage. You should be fine, but ask someone to look the next time you can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone. I feel a bit less worried now cause I think I have any unusual symptoms.

I scheduled a maintenance apt for this Wednesday. Wish me luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts