Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!
I posted the following on the "General Discussion Forum" and realized I should have posted it here:

Hi. My wife and I have only recently become familiar with the CT and we absolutely love it. I do have a couple of questions. Is anyone leasing their CT? If so, what are you paying? Secondly, the CT weighs about 3,100 pounds. Is 134 hp sufficient for daily driving? I don't mean for drag racing kids in Mustangs but rather power for passing cars, merging onto expressways, etc. I read somewhere that there's a prototype in Japan with 180 hp. Does anyone know anything about this?
We're presently leasing two cars (a new Kia Sorento and a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen) and in 10 months, when the Jetta lease expires, we plan on leasing a CT, and we can't wait!! What a terrific car!
Thank you in advance for any replies.

BTW, we live on Long Island, a suburb of NYC.
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I bought mine so I can't help you with the lease question.

I have had no issues with the power, I do a lot of highway driving and have had no issues merging onto the highway. I have also not had issues passing. In my opinion the power is fine for everyday driving.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
If you're used to driving a Jetta and a Kia, you won't have an issue with the acceleration in the car, just use sport mode. Congrats on finding the CT. Not many people even know what it is yet, as there really aren't any on the road yet!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also purchased so I can not help with the lease question.

But....just today I was coming to a particular spot that traffic is a real issue. From a stop sign I was turning left to go up a hill and there is traffic coming from the right as well. The speed on this stretch is 45 and people go that and often much more. I shifted the car into "Sport Mode" and felt absolutely NO problem merging in what is one of the more "tricky spots" in my local area. So no, I do not feel you will have any issues with merging. No, you won't win any drag races but that is not what people are buying the car for. When it has to the car has enough power!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts