Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just purchased the BC Racing DS Series Coilovers with the Swift Springs for my 2013 ct 200h. The help I can find on youtube (
) make this look as easy as remove old and replace with coilovers.
Has anyone else here used this suspension for this car?
What settings did you prefer?
Should I be replacing control arms, tie rods or any other parts while I'm in there?
Any advice before doing this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2011 CT200h, Red matador mica
69 Posts
From what I recall, @TobiasSing has BC coilovers on his, not sure if its the same series or not. Maybe he can fill us in.
Also, since you are swapping, are you selling your old F-sport pieces? Wouldnt mind buying them off you if the price is right.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
280 Posts
To be clear, I do not have suspension mods on my CT. I had BC coilovers on my IS though. So I can't say entirely. But it should be easy enough. I haven't watched that video though. You don't have to replace any of the other parts while you're in there, unless they break. It depends on the car's mileage.

As for the settings, it's up to you, if you want the dampening to ride more firm or more bouncy. It depends on the spring rates you chose.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the BC coilovers on my car and did the installation myself. Its a pretty straight forward swap if you've worked on car suspensions before.

For height settings I have them slammed all the way (because why not) for adjustment I use either 23 all around or 27 all around depending on the load I'm carrying. I don't like a lot of oscillation and the ride makes the stock setup seem plush :LOL:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the BC coilovers on my car and did the installation myself. Its a pretty straight forward swap if you've worked on car suspensions before.

For height settings I have them slammed all the way (because why not) for adjustment I use either 23 all around or 27 all around depending on the load I'm carrying. I don't like a lot of oscillation and the ride makes the stock setup seem plush :LOL:
Thank you may I see some pictures please?

·
Registered
2017 Lexus CT200h
9 Posts

How is the ride quality on the BCs Honestly? I have them on order right now and praying it doesnt ride like a pogo stick. Stock F sport is actually pretty stiff imo already so just hoping its not much worse since I DD mine 100 miles a day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How is the ride quality on the BCs Honestly?
The settings I use on my BC makes it very firm. It’s not skipping/hopping around but if you think the f sport suspension is stiff you’re not gonna like the BC.

Also keep in mind the CT inherently rides pretty firm.

I would return the BC if your intention was to soften the ride.

·
Registered
2017 Lexus CT200h
9 Posts
The settings I use on my BC makes it very firm. It’s not skipping/hopping around but if you think the f sport suspension is stiff you’re not gonna like the BC.

Also keep in mind the CT inherently rides pretty firm.

I would return the BC if your intention was to soften the ride.
Thanks, ill see how it goes, not expecting it to be softer then stock but just wasnt sure how bouncy these are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts