Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought one at an auction with low mileage and needed very minimum body work, so I don't have have it with me at the moment. Waiting for it to be repaired.

Now I've always wanted my next car's infotainment system to be android auto compatible. Well I also wanted a hybrid. So today I found out I can't even change the stereo because no one makes a dash kit for it. Car Toys said they can get a custom one made for 600$ which is not gonna happen. So I'm out of luck on Android auto.

Now looking online, I can't find out much about the 2017 ct 200h's infotainment system. So for those that have it, what are your thoughts on it? Good? Bad? Is there any option to mirror the phone without installing anything to the car? Can you control your music on an android phone via USB? Did Toyota/Lexus ever embrace Android via USB?

·
Registered
340 Posts
There is one specially made for the CT and it’s a plug and play unit.
It’s made by Bway and it cost around $300 usd. A guy on Facebook has just fitted this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I've heard those are only compatible with the base sound system, the 10 speaker system doesn't apparently work totally with that one... just what I've heard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I came across Grom Audio's VLine device that pretty much connects to the head unit and uses the CD button to switch between infotainment systems, giving me a better choice of being able to use Android. However it's 600$ when the new one comes out and for that price I don't know if I can trust it being reliable by some unknown company. So while looking into it, I thought why not use Raspberry Pi to do the same thing? Apparently some people have done it but they've done it where they connect it to an additional touch screen. Anyone have any idea if I can do exactly what VLine does using a raspberry pi, so that way I'm just using the stock screen?

Also since I don't have the car yet, can anyone confirm if the screen is a touch screen unit or not? Also does it play audio from an android device by default via USB?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Infotainment system in 2017 (non Navi version) is old fashioned and laggy. Does not have Android auto only mirror link which has very limited apps selection. It does not have the touchscreen.
It plays mp3 from pendrive but I have not used USB player connection.

For me is the one of cons of this car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts