Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Why is it neccesary to do a reset on a tire rotation? You are just moving the front wheel to the back and vice versa, no? There is only one display light for all 4 tires. If one is underinflated, it would light up irregardless of which tire it is. Just a matter of checking.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I asked myself that same question, too. And you're probably right. However, I have seen cars that display each individual tire and show which tire needs more air, so if you move them around that reset button identifies which tire went where. Maybe the warning icon comes on and your display might read "Low Pressure, Front Passenger"?...I don't know; didn't go in depth with the manual. Hopefully, someone will chime in with a technical explanation.
No individual tire displays on the CT200h. When I had my blowout on my mag/tire, I had the spare on the car while the wheel was in the shop and all I had was the "squishy" tire icon showing on my dash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.