Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CT200h
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have changed the head unit. What functionality have you lost from the car and the screen that is on the dash? Does your stock reverse camera still work? I have the premium 10 speaker sound with nav and I’m tearing it all apart to replace the head unit, 4 channel amp, sub amp, 12 inch focal sub, and all the speakers with focal speakers and putting new speaker wire. I was absolutely appalled with the sound of the “premium” speaker sound and wanted to do a complete makeover. This is my first time doing more than just changing the speakers so it’s a learning process, but all I hope for is to still have access to the stock reverse camera on the stock nav screen

·
Registered
2014 CT200h
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What head unit are you replacing with?
I got the Kenwood Excelon DMX706S. I have the same one in my boxster. I wanted to go for one that has wireless carplay and iphone mirroring but it was the kenwood excelon reference model which was $800 and I didn't feel like spending double the money for two extra features, even if the audio quality would've been slightly better since it's their reference series head unit. Plus this one is a very slim head unit, there's not behind it and it doesn't extend back much at all. So I felt like it would be a lot easier to fabricate a custom mount for it. Mind you I don't have any experience fabricating anything lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts