Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I just bought a used 2013 CT 200h. So far, I'm very happy with my purchase and I hope it'll last as long as my old car (2007 Nissan Versa SL). Any ways, I have a few questions in regards to the fluids and parts that are used by the CT 200h.

I've read that basically, the engine is (or based off) a generation 3 Toyota Prius 4 (correct me if I'm wrong). Besides the engine, I'm assuming all the other parts like brakes, head gasket, and so on are Lexus parts. So, in your guys' opinion, do you think it's okay to bring the car in for fluid changes to Toyota (oil change, transmission, and brakes), and for other fixes like new brakes or other parts to Lexus? I know I can always bring my car to an independent shop, but I've had horrible experiences with the shops around here. I would also do it myself, but I don't have a garage, tools, etc.

I tried searching Google and the forums for more in-depth views on this, but I couldn't find anything significant. I really appreciate the help and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The entire powertrain is lifted from a Gen 3 Prius. Also, if you want to try a local mechanic shop, try repairpal.com for reviews. Otherwise, any Toyota dealer can take care of a CT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did a lot of research on Prius Chat and Club Lexus, etc.
Have a lot of experience with running engines and with chemistry (piston airplane and degree in chemistry).

Here was my summation after many hours of research and what I'm going to do:
1) No way I'm waiting to 100,000 miles to change my ATF fluid. I'm at around 50k and I'm going to change it now.
2) Most ATF fluids are not best for our E-CVT transmissions (for many reasons, including possibly the windings and all). Toyota WS ATF is good.
3) Redline D6 is probably better, is compatible, and I'm going to use this. (very few other ATF fluids are compatible...windings on the stator my react also to additives and stator is exposed to ATF in the transaxle).
4) Don't really need to change your washers on your drain bolts (but I'm going to, since I'm going to be rarely changing ATF), just torque to 29 lbs
5) Going to put in Redline D6 and leave it alone for 100,000 miles
6) If you have a new CT, probably should change the ATF at around 10k or something...then again at ?? 40k?

If you've never changed it, change it NOW. It's not looking good on all the oil analyses these guys have been doing on their fluids at way under 100k miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did a lot of research on Prius Chat and Club Lexus, etc.
Have a lot of experience with running engines and with chemistry (piston airplane and degree in chemistry).

Here was my summation after many hours of research and what I'm going to do:
1) No way I'm waiting to 100,000 miles to change my ATF fluid. I'm at around 50k and I'm going to change it now.
2) Most ATF fluids are not best for our E-CVT transmissions (for many reasons, including possibly the windings and all). Toyota WS ATF is good.
3) Redline D6 is probably better, is compatible, and I'm going to use this. (very few other ATF fluids are compatible...windings on the stator my react also to additives and stator is exposed to ATF in the transaxle).
4) Don't really need to change your washers on your drain bolts (but I'm going to, since I'm going to be rarely changing ATF), just torque to 29 lbs
5) Going to put in Redline D6 and leave it alone for 100,000 miles
6) If you have a new CT, probably should change the ATF at around 10k or something...then again at ?? 40k?

If you've never changed it, change it NOW. It's not looking good on all the oil analyses these guys have been doing on their fluids at way under 100k miles.
How did the D6 fluid work out? How many miles have you racked up using the D6 fluid? Do you still recommend D6 for the CT200h?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts