Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I'm still waiting for my CT to show up... but was wondering if there is any tinting on the windows from the factory? I live in FL and typically get all of the windows tinted.

Does the stock "premium" flavor of the CT have the back windows tinted already?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

·
Registered
17 Posts
No windows are tinted and any of the CT models. And usually the front window has the top portion tinting, not on the CT...at least mine. I plan on getting 50% tint soon!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Strange. My CT has all the rear windows tinted. Must be a UK thing. Is it only in the US that they are not tinted?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
We are in Connecticut US. My wife has the premium model. The side and rear windows definitely have a tint only light, probably allowing maybe 85% - 90% of light to pass thru'.
The windows have a "green" tint - they are definitely not clear glass. Probably not dark enough for Florida.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My CT200h fsport special edition did not come with any installed tint. I'm pretty sure its an option that would be listed and your dealer would be able to tell you if it already has it or not. I live in texas so i immediately got my tinted at my local shop with premium ceramic tint 30% all the way around.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The aftermarket tint looks just as good as factory's. The only difference is that when I wear my polarized sunglasses, the aftermarket tint looks a little "funny". But I got used to it by now. I got the ones that reject heat by like 50%+ which works out really well for California weather.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I live in Florida...my car is a premium model....purchased in Massachusetts...it DOES have factory tint...a sort of "bronze" color but very light...you can tell it's lightly tinted as the windshield isn't and if you look out the drivers side or passengers side window and then look out the windshield, you will see a difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts