Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a long surface scratch on the interior of my door panel (Driver side/Front Seat). The scratch is not deep and some of it was able to buff out (dealer attempted to fix for me) however under certain sunlight you can see the shimmer of the scratch (almost runs the full length).

Long story short I got the scratch from a less than good window tinter (he denies it). I am now wondering if door panel replacement parts are pretty easy to obtain. I have a 2012 model CT and looking online I could grab a new panel for around $500, part of me says to let it go and live with it (not sure how common scratches are in this area of the door) but the other part is wondering if over time (once 2013 models arrive) will these parts be harder to come by and will price increase?

If anyone has insight on this I'd love to hear. $500 is a lot to spend to replace a panel but if I am going to have a hard time replacing it later I would rather do it now.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would try to buff it out more, or hit up your insurance. For $500 I can buy a lot of gasoline.
Would just come down to what you can live with.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Sure as sunrise the week after you replace the panel with the $500 new one you will mar the surface by accident. Live with it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just live with it....sh*t happens as we all know. $500 sounds like a lot to pay. A dealer would never deduct that much if you decided to trade it in with the scratch. If you still cannot live with it you might be able to find a "used" panel off a wrecked car at a much cheaper price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts