Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a CT200h last week on the roadway coming home from work. I have only seen 3 CT's since they came out in March...all 3 have been the white color (makes me wonder if ordering white was the right choice...lol)....anyway, from the front, the DRL's look cool but I couldn't help to notice that in the middle of the LED's on each side, there was a space in the middle...almost where the headlamp is located....is this the same on the cars with the LED lowbeam headlamps or not? And, it kind of looks stupid broken up like that...it isn't like that on the LED DRL's on the Audi or some other cars I've seen

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
That's how my wife's CT DRL's appear.

Styling is always a matter of personal taste.

·
Registered
283 Posts
With the LED's is goes all the way across with no break. I understansd the break was needed on the Non-LED headlamps because of the way they had to design the reflector for the halogens.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Yeah just as Bob259 has said that gap only occurs with Non-LED low beams. I have the LED lowbeams and here is what DRLs look like running across. They are A LOT brighter in person on a dark car, compared to looking at them on a lighter colored car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Agreed, Agreed. On darkrides and the picture above they look like they are yellow and dull but are much whiter/blue in person.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Yeah they really are white white in person, I just have bad pictures cause of cellphone camera. Btw beautiful color, wish they had the ultra blue in North America.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LED DRL's

Agreed, Agreed. On darkrides and the picture above they look like they are yellow and dull but are much whiter/blue in person.
The DRL's on this blue car almost look like they don't go all the way over to the outside edge of the lamp housing...compared to the other image on this thread of the black car which look like they go all the way over...could it be or is it just a bad cellphone pic? I like the fact on the non halogen (cars with LED lowbeams) the LED DRL's don't have a break in them...looks much cleaner

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice color. Do you have better pics of the entire car?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks. I think its just a bad photo as they do go all the way round. Think I need to get my post count up to post some pictures??? Will do as soon as I can......

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I'll 2nd that. Really wish we had that color option. Really don't understand why there are color differences based on where you live!? Why is that? :mad:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'll 2nd that. Really wish we had that color option. Really don't understand why there are color differences based on where you live!? Why is that? :mad:
It's all to do with what Lexus believe each market will need, in the UK we have the blue but we do not have all the options for interior colours, sorry colors. Leather is black, grey or beige! We also do not have the option for the moon roof, there has always been a limited take up for sun roofs in the UK (no jokes about us not getting much sun as we buy more soft tops than any other European Country!!). Also, the blue is the color that the CT220h f-sport is being sold in Australia, so maybe they have reserved the color for the launch of that model in the US, who knows.........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts