Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new hear and what to find out if anyone here bought a blue color car without navigation. Dealers in my area (Dallas/FortWorth) are saying blue is only available with F Sport and navigation. I don't mind F Sport package but don't need Navi.
Yes, I'm replacing my 03 Nissan 350Z with a CT (I got kids now and CT will be perfect).
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Get the nav, it's more than just a nav, it gives you all sorts of vehicle info, lets you customize some options for your car http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/CT200h-with-nav-LPS.pdf you will thank me after.
Sorry to disagree with you but the Lexus nav is not worth the 2 grand it costs. A $200 Garmin or your iPhone will serve the purpose. The little graphics with the tires going around it cute to look at but it gets old after awhile. The voice recognition is fair at best and the screen does not fully display your song or artist titles. The backup camera with the nav only tells you that you've hit the car behind you because it has no guide lines to judge the distance behind you. Also, there are other ways to customize the options on the CT if you don't order nav. I'd say checkout a Lexus vehicle equipped with nav system before you decide if you like/want it or not.

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Sorry to disagree with you but the Lexus nav is not worth the 2 grand it costs. A $200 Garmin or your iPhone will serve the purpose. The little graphics with the tires going around it cute to look at but it gets old after awhile. The voice recognition is fair at best and the screen does not fully display your song or artist titles. The backup camera with the nav only tells you that you've hit the car behind you because it has no guide lines to judge the distance behind you. Also, there are other ways to customize the options on the CT if you don't order nav. I'd say checkout a Lexus vehicle equipped with nav system before you decide if you like/want it or not.
Yeah, not worth it IMO either. Unless you've got money to burn...

·
Registered
441 Posts
I keep seeing references to no guide lines on the sat nav screen. I've got the sat nav and I can adjust which lines you have when reversing from a small screen icon. But I'm in Oz, so it might be different. Personally, I like the other things it does, too. I think you have these things and enjoy them long after the price is forgotten, even though I am a poor person.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nav screen guidelines - it's location dependent ... Think it's a legal reason for why the US people don't have them which doesn't apply over in GB and looks like Australia too. There's other software tweak/differences (GB doesn't get Lexus Enform) between locations too over and above the reversing guidelines. I've used the reversing ones a few times and need to train myself up on the parallel park ones :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts