Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Question about Auto-dimming side mirrors and rearview mirror

10K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  roadfrog 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Have another question. The CT we bought has both auto-dimming side mirrors and an auto-dimming rearview mirror. Are these systems connected to each other or do the work separately?

I have an existing Gentex Autodim Rearview Mirror with compass & temperature and homelink that I'd rather use instead of the current auto-dim mirror if possible. If it works separately from the side mirrors, I'm set... :)

Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks!

#8 ·
Lexus said the outside mirrors auto-dim independently from the inside one?

If so, they're wrong here. Not only does it not work that way (based on my observations), but the manual states the outsides dim when the inside dims (page 147 of the 2014 manual).

#10 ·
So some context. My car is 2012 CT200h with Upgraded Audio Package, Leather Package and Nav Package.

This is their response: "

All the mirrors have their own ECU system, and are controlled independently. I have attached a diagram of the system.

We do not recommend or assist with modifying our vehicle from the original factory specifications. Modifications could affect the vehicle’s performance, safety or durability, and may violate government regulations. In addition, damage or performance concerns resulting from the modification may not be covered under warranty."

Here's a link to what they sent me -hope someone knows what it means :p

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1z6klz2cki7itjc/2012ct200h.doc?dl=0

#11 ·
According to the diagram, the inside rear view mirror has a dimmer sensor, the outside mirrors do not. I don't know why they would say they can dim independently, unless previous CTs were designed differently, and this document is for a different year.

That wouldn't make sense though, since they would have had to downgrade the design to what is used today.

#18 ·
Probably going to do the mirror swap soon - but I don't think the plug from my CT will work with my Gentex mirror - my mirror seems to require a different plug that what's currently used on the existing mirror. My Gentex has homelink, compass AND temperature... I definitely do want my side mirrors to still dim so is there a way to make that all work? I'm guessing that I'd have to run new wiring for my mirror... and couldn't use the exiting one...

#19 ·
Agree with the others, these are all on the same system - same as my LS. When my rear view dims, so do the side mirrors TOGETHER.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.