Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive CT200 for last 12 months, general there is not much complaints. *It is a very nice car to drive, no doubt about it! *I love to drive it. However, *recently I encountered *2 complaints which the local Lexus agent in Malaysia does not not give me a satisfactory answers for that.
(1) the quacking *noise from the trimming of the center console. *This is true especially during the hot day. *Whenever my leg lean on the console, it gives the quacking notice. *I complained to the Lexus agent, the answer received was that it is the trimming clipped to the console that makes the noise and they cannot do anything about this.
(2) the air conditioner, whenever I start the car in the morning, the first blast of cold air *from air conditioner gives an unpleasant smell. *The answer received from the Lexus it is because of my rubber mate in the boot. *I removed the rubber mate from 3 weeks, it still has the smell.

Does anyone one of you encounter the similar problems? Is there any suggestions or solution to these problems?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Not sure about the 1st complaint. But for the AC, it is a typical complaint due to the condensation that occurs after the car is turned off. The cold vent system collects a little bit of water when its shut off due to the moist surrounding air. There's a bit of bacteria/mold that then builds up creating a bit of that unpleasant scent. There are some in cabin filter that gives a more pleasant scent. But what I do is turn off the AC when I know I'm about 5 minutes away from my destination but keep the fan going to drive and dry off any moisture build up and bring everything up to surrounding temperature to avoid condensation.

·
Registered
232 Posts
smell in aircon? my car has it too. Lexus told me to send my car in for 2 days.
based on your reply, i'd probably get the same answer from you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.