Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i spent some qauilty time with my ct i washed ,clay bared and waxed it. I used the new Meguiars ultimate and am very pleased with the results as with the ease on removeal the shine is great though it is hard to tell as my car is starfire pearl but IMO it looks great

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
You clay bared the car already? How long have you owned it? Might have been unnecessary, but what's done is done. Clay barring is awesome, just discovered it a few years ago and did my prior car a few times, works awesome!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use the claybar to remove bugs ,road tar etc. when i wash the car instead of using the spray lubricant that comes with the claybar i dip it in the wash bucket the car wash provides the lubricant

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Hmm, never knew it worked for that too! What kind do you use, I have the Meguiar's one.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I did a partial clay bar on mine yesterday after washing and before waxing and sealing. Tree sap sucks.

But yeah, the nice thing about Starfire Pearl is most things don't show up on the paint like swirl marks and light scratches to the extent they show up on darker colored paints.

On the flipside, the paint can yellow over time or fade without adequate uv protection. I park outside a lot, so that worries me. My friend's 07 Starfire Pearl looks more yellow parked next to my CT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's actually a good idea to clay a car as soon as you take delivery of it. The paint can collect rail dust (if transported by train), brake dust and other contaminants that can cause early paint deterioration. A good wax or sealant should be put on at delivery too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is clay barring necessary every time before waxing even if the surface is 'smooth as glass'? Or is it simply a 'good idea' or 'recommended' type of thing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is clay barring necessary every time before waxing even if the surface is 'smooth as glass'? Or is it simply a 'good idea' or 'recommended' type of thing?
It's not necessary every time. I recommend waxing a vehicle every 3 months and claying it every 6 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts