Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Probably the best USB drive for the CT!

Tags
drive usb
22K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Honey badger 
#1 · (Edited)
Right when I was about to buy small usb flash drive from the other thread, my cousin showed me what he was using for his IS350.

elago Mobile Nano II MicroSD USB Reader
http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...32820-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

This thing is tiny and much cheaper! It works better for me because I have several MicroSD's laying around and it allows me to change them out like 1 MicroSD for R&B and 1 MicroSD for Rap etc etc.

I highly doubt I will use many MicroSD but having the option is nice since they can just sit inside next to the USB and close the cover so don't they bounce out. But I'll probably just use my 16gb I have and call it for the day lol :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, that is awesome! BTW - link doesn't work, but easy to find on Amazon regardless.

#7 ·
I read that those Lacie Moskeyto drives die after 2 weeks so I would be careful with that.

Either way I'm only gonna keep the USB stick as a backup since I cant go any higher quality than 320kbps MP3 with them :(
They have a 2 yr limited warranty.

#12 ·
Presumably there's very little to go wrong in that eLago reader (as opposed to the LaCie which appears to have poor reliability) so if it fails it's just a case of replacing the SD card?

#13 ·
Probably, unless for some reason the metal contacts go/get worn in the eLago, not sure how that would happen though.

#18 · (Edited)
This is my first post and the following is what I use. The top red LED light can also be used to push out the MicroSD card.

And as I know, the playback order is decided by the date of the file you draw into the USB. So my stupid way is to change the date of the computer if I want to insert some files.

#19 ·
And as I know, the playback order is decided by the date of the file you draw into the USB. So my stupid way is to change the date of the computer if I want to insert some files.
Unfortunately, I've tested this and the files play in written to the usb order (at least in my tests). The time/date stamps did not play chronologically! :(

#23 ·
I bought the Lacie drive before any posts about reliability were made to this thread. I'm not sure how long it will last but I am so thankful to everyone who posted because without it my 7 hour drive home would not have been nearly as much fun (although the smile is still on my face two days later).

#28 ·
Just wanted to update the community on my evaluation of the PNY USB adapter. Unfortunately, IT DOES NOT WORK. Reading up on the owner's manual, it specifies that the CT audio system will only take USB drives that are recognized as a mass storage device. The PNY USB adapter is considered a SD card/MMC reader according to Windows, so it cannot be recognized. I've also tried another similar adapter with my micro SD card - same thing. Perhaps some adapters can work as a mass storage device, but you'll have to test or do research to find out. In the end, it might be easier to get a straight-up USB key with a small form factor like the Lexar ZX.

#32 ·
I'm currently using this little guy from Sandisk 64GB of music goodness (As long as you keep your mp3's in folders of 255 files or less the Lexus System has no problem reading the USB)
Usb flash drive Flash memory Electronic device Data storage device Technology

The door to the USB port also closes just fine with this little guy inside.

Still think Lexus should have put this port in the glove box or center armrest, then we could use thing like iphones and not have cables everywhere - I find I have to reconnect the bluetooth for my iPhone every time I want to stream media from it which is annoying!

#33 ·
I'm currently using this little guy from Sandisk 64GB of music goodness (As long as you keep your mp3's in folders of 255 files or less the Lexus System has no problem reading the USB)

The door to the USB port also closes just fine with this little guy inside.

Still think Lexus should have put this port in the glove box or center armrest, then we could use thing like iphones and not have cables everywhere - I find I have to reconnect the bluetooth for my iPhone every time I want to stream media from it which is annoying!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.