Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2013 200 CT. Isn't the Hybrid system on this car for all extensive purposes identical with regard to programming and hydrid components to the Prius that is being recalled

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wondering the source of the info posted above regarding the scope of the prius recall. "Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., today announced that it is advising the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) of plans to conduct voluntary safety recalls of approximately 700,000 Model Year 2010-2014 Prius vehicles."

·
Registered
688 Posts
The hybrid systems are very similar between the two cars but not completely identical. Since this is a software only update it's possible that the CT software does not contain this bug. It's also very possible that it does, so we'll just have to stay tuned I guess.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just wondering the source of the info posted above regarding the scope of the prius recall. "Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., today announced that it is advising the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) of plans to conduct voluntary safety recalls of approximately 700,000 Model Year 2010-2014 Prius vehicles."
Do a simple google search. It shows all effected vehicles, it's easy. It seems like whenever Toyota posts a recall the recall hunters come out of the woodwork. I've been on Lexus forum for 6 years and it happens like clockwork each time. Unless you get a letter in the mail just sit back and relax, everything will be fine. Most Toyota recalls do not effect Lexus, they share similar parts but are no where near identical.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a 2013 200 CT. Isn't the Hybrid system on this car for all extensive purposes identical with regard to programming and hydrid components to the Prius that is being recalled[/QUOTE

For all intents and purposes it is, but with some minor differences that may preclude it from the Prius recall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts