Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you won't have this problem. When my wife rides with me in the CT, I have to ask her to leave her Prius smart key behind or the CT says "Key Not Detected" Thsi also happens if I have the Prius key in my pocket. With both keys I have to take the CT smart key out of my pocket and move it around close to the POWER switch to get the CT to recognize the smart key.This is frustrating.

Do you double CT owners have a similar problem ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Most of you won't have this problem. When my wife rides with me in the CT, I have to ask her to leave her Prius smart key behind or the CT says "Key Not Detected" Thsi also happens if I have the Prius key in my pocket. With both keys I have to take the CT smart key out of my pocket and move it around close to the POWER switch to get the CT to recognize the smart key.This is frustrating.

Do you double CT owners have a similar problem ?
I have a CT and a Prius. Neither car cares if I have both smart key fobs with me. My Prius is a 2005, they were quite different back then.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I have a 2010 Lexus RX450h and a 2011 CT 200h. I carry both key fobs with me often. No issues in either car. Both key fobs look identical except for the trunk opener/closer button on the RX450h's key fob.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Smart key doesn't like being close to my iPhone either :p:p:p:p

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a CT and a Prius. Neither car cares if I have both smart key fobs with me. My Prius is a 2005, they were quite different back then.
Interesting , mine is 2010 Prius Gen III. Thanks for reply.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2010 Lexus RX450h and a 2011 CT 200h. I carry both key fobs with me often. No issues in either car. Both key fobs look identical except for the trunk opener/closer button on the RX450h's key fob.
Matt, Thanks for reply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts