Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After talking with a couple of dealers I'm wondering if I have any kind of negociation leverage for a CT 200h base.

I was already offered 500$ rebate by one dealer on the 2012 model and a friend told me Lexus has a graduate program... which I can't find anywhere online...

Given that this car looks very popular here in Quebec, I'm guessing it'll be hard to get free winter tires or even just a rebate?

Thanks for your insight!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here in Calgary I was able to negotiate $600 off MSRP and $600 in accessories (I went with a 3M paint protection package). Last week I was told my 2012 CT will be ready for pickup either the last week of October or first week of November.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks cls, here they all said if the model/color I want was in stock it would be 24-48h... sales tactic?

·
Registered
17 Posts
According to APA infos, the Canadian dealers' cost prices for each models :
Base cost vs msrp : 28775 vs 30950
Touring : 30335 vs 32900
Premium : 32735 vs 35900
Technology : 35610 vs 39350

The cost of transport and preparation (2000 $ cdn) belongs to Lexus which needs to be added to the MSRP.

I got a 900$ reduction for a touring model. Unable to get more than that!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks LowCarb,

This means that, for example, the base model is earning about 2175$ to the dealership and that's the most I can get from negociation. Given that they will probably not want to sell me a car not making a dime, I could consider myself luck if I get 1000-1200$ rebate.

Are there rebate programs for graduates on new car, or is it only on used car (in Canada of course)?

Would it be possible to get free winter tires on top of a 500$ rebate or am I asking for the moon?

Thanks all, I've learned alot reading theses forums!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks LowCarb,

This means that, for example, the base model is earning about 2175$ to the dealership and that's the most I can get from negociation. Given that they will probably not want to sell me a car not making a dime, I could consider myself luck if I get 1000-1200$ rebate.

Are there rebate programs for graduates on new car, or is it only on used car (in Canada of course)?

Would it be possible to get free winter tires on top of a 500$ rebate or am I asking for the moon?

If you are capable to squeeze the guy and get out of there with 1000$ reduction on a base model, you are a real tough negociator !

I went to a place, the guy didn't even want negociate. It's MSRP or no deal, he said. I walked away from there after less than 15 minutes.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just for some comparison..

The dealership my dad bought his last two (Lexuses, Lexus', Lexus's, Lexi) from offered me $690 off MSRP, not a penny more.
Every single other dealership I went to did not want to offer me much at all, $500 off MSRP or get out pretty much (most also said $690 off MSRP is good and that I should just take that, rather than trying to match or beat that offer)
Quite a few of them tried to include two "free" services, or "free" winter mats, which was BS since the car comes with all of that.

I found one that accepted $1000 off MSRP and no BS, he didn't lie about anything and was very straightforward, and that is where I went.

I was REALLY trying hard to find any dealership with something in stock, or something arriving soon-ish.

·
Registered
96 Posts
When I first started looking, one dealership offered me $0 off saying the car is too popular, etc.. second dealer ended up giving me about $1100 off base MSRP. I clearly took it, considering it was less than $1000 more than the comparable prius I was considering lol.

Mind you... I ordered in July, and today was told to expect December - mid January delivery! Can't say I'm not slightly ticked off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We were told rims and winter tires started at $2400 from the dealer. We skipped this option obviously. Anyway i don't know you'll have much luck asking to throw them in. :p

Thanks LowCarb,

·
Registered
134 Posts
Got 750$ off back in March, repeat customer, went to the same salesman from my previous Lexus IS purchase.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, really appreciate it!

I have about 6 dealers close by so I'll try to get myself a good price. As for availability, I talked to three of them and they all said that they have lots in stock and could get it in 24-48 if my options/color is available close by.

I'll most probably get the base model and I heard you have to keep the same diameter for winter tires if you go down one size.
What is recommended in 15" for the CT?

For the color my wife loves the white, I prefer either the Tungsten Pearl or Mercury Gray Metallic. Any "real life" photos of your cars with these colors? Especially for the Mercury Gray, I keep finding Lexus's photos...

:D

·
Registered
486 Posts
24-48 hours? days?
I have been told that all of North America is waiting for these things from my dealer.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it!

I have about 6 dealers close by so I'll try to get myself a good price. As for availability, I talked to three of them and they all said that they have lots in stock and could get it in 24-48 if my options/color is available close by.

I'll most probably get the base model and I heard you have to keep the same diameter for winter tires if you go down one size.
What is recommended in 15" for the CT?

For the color my wife loves the white, I prefer either the Tungsten Pearl or Mercury Gray Metallic. Any "real life" photos of your cars with these colors? Especially for the Mercury Gray, I keep finding Lexus's photos...

:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, 24-48h :) Maybe it's just a tactic to lure me in, let me do a test drive, sign the papers and then tell me it's going to be in 3 monhts... :p

That would suck though...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts