Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've mentioned before that the standard floor mats that come with the car are junk. They are WAY too thin and have tendency to shift around despite the fact they are anchored correctly. Depending on what kind of shoes I wear, the driver's side mat will bunch up and get caught in the pedals when I exit the vehicle.

I finally got my hands of what Lexus calls the "Premium" floor mats. Not only are these things at least twice as thick as the standard ones, but the rubber knobbies on the bottom are a completely different animal. They come in a full set of 4 and have a metal plate affixed to them. I am much happier with these than the original ones.

This is a photo of the passenger side mat.

This is a side view of the standard -vs- premium.

·
Registered
222 Posts
wow, big difference. i haven't had any problems with the standard mats as you've mentioned, but the premium ones look nice and thick. thanks for posting pics.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I haven't had problems with my standard (lexus ct200h stitched) mats. I hope all-weather mats become available on the CTs 'cause they're durable and much easier to clean.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing. I haven't had problems with my standard (lexus ct200h stitched) mats. I hope all-weather mats become available on the CTs 'cause they're durable and much easier to clean.
It's weird. It depends on what shoes I'm wearing. If I have on something with a aggressive sole like boots, as I pivot my right foot to get out of the car, the mat bunches up. The new mats don't. They are really nice.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow, that is a major difference. I want some! ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
have you thought about putting any other mats down? I just ordered some exact mats that are clear and cover the full cargo area too. I got them from CT200h Chat. I guess they are big in the lexus dealerships too. I was asking my dealership about them and know of them very well.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Nice mats. They look super plush and comfortable too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
was considering purchasing these too

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Thanks for the information, ordered them, should have them soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
CTcali - Please post after you receive your clear mats. I would like to get some too, so I'm interested in how you like them. Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ordered my car specifically with the premium mats cause I didn't like the feel of the standard option ones. They better be plush and fantastic for $200+

·
Registered
410 Posts
I ordered my car specifically with the premium mats cause I didn't like the feel of the standard option ones. They better be plush and fantastic for $200+
You big baller! :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
LOL... in retrospect, I probably should have waited and just bought them from sewell. With the discount it would have saved a couple bucks...... I'm a cheap *** lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
LOL... in retrospect, I probably should have waited and just bought them from sewell. With the discount it would have saved a couple bucks...... I'm a cheap *** lol
Yeah, good point! hehe I'm cheap too!! Well at least that is less than the $249 I've seen them advertised for.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't worry these mats are very nice.

They also have an aluminum plate that says "CT200" on it. I was worried about stepping on it and bending it. After closer inspection, it's about 3/8ths of an inch thick. Maybe HeyGurl's spiked heels could do some damage, but not me in my flip-flops.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Don't worry these mats are very nice.

They also have an aluminum plate that says "CT200" on it. I was worried about stepping on it and bending it. After closer inspection, it's about 3/8ths of an inch thick. Maybe HeyGurl's spiked heels could do some damage, but not me in my flip-flops.
DGSTAN: You got that soooo right!! haha I wear heels 99% of the time, but I actually drive in flip flops so I don't scuff up the back of my heels. (that is so not cute!) LOL!

·
Registered
193 Posts
does the plate say "Lexus CT" or "Lexus CT200h"? cuz in the pics from the OP, it just says "Lexus CT"

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
does the plate say "Lexus CT" or "Lexus CT200h"? cuz in the pics from the OP, it just says "Lexus CT"
Your right: "Lexus CT". The pictures are of the mats straight from the dealer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts