Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I'm very serious about purchasing a CT and I haven't decided on a year and trim style. My budget is a bit tight, but I'm able to jump in around the 21k$ mark. Looking back now as a current owner... Do you wish you would have done anything different, and if do what? Does low mileage matter? Does having a Navi system matter? Are you content with cargo space for perhaps business use. I'm a photographer and figure this to be a good cross country traveler and for at be an occasional overnight in the flip down seats. Have you noticed any really out if sorts wear and tear on the vehicle as a hybrid? I'm a total nurturer when it comes to my cars, so this one will receive the best care I can afford and be reasonable with, but repair costs are a huge factor for me.

Bottom line... I'm getting a CT! Which one does everybody love and what's your favorite add ons you love in your driving sanctuary? Give me some cautionary advice and helpful encouragement!

Thanks all! AJ

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I bought my 2012 CT used almost a year ago. I love it! Space is tight in the hatch if you carry many things but it's a small car...I knew I wasn't going to carry 50 bags of mulch in it.
Nav is great option if you don't have a smartphone...

in all reality 21K is going to get you a 2011 or a 2012 with really high miles and maybe not the most cared for vehicle. Since the 2014's are out now that should push the older CT prices down a little. Remember, it's a Toyota so if the previous owner did the regular oil changes and whatnot it should last you a good long time regardless of what year you get.

Good luck with the search and when you get the CT make sure you post up some pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the advice. I agree that I'll probably end up in an 11' base modelwith high miles, I guess my big concern is that I'll be having to shellout an arm and a leg for timing belt and water pump repairs at the 100Kmile mark. Have you found that your repairs, or others' perhaps, havebeen unnecessarily high? I have a Subaru Legacy 95' that I was ableto get 300K out of before I found my yearly repair bills averaging1200.00$. Plus my fuel costs yearly were at about 1500.00$ at about 23mpg. I'm pretty much figuring on my avg bills, on a CT, each year kind of balancingout the same with a new car and higher insurance, but lower monthly gas etc...Are you all finding that higher mileage CTs are really problem prone? Or dothey seem to do better than expected. I plan on keeping a CT for the verylong haul. 10-15 years if possible and also up to 300k+ miles.

Your input was useful. Thanks!

AJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts