Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a proclip phone mount currently using a cig lighter power cord, but proclip also sells a hardwire version of most phone mounts to run straight to a 12V power source. Does anyone have any pics or experience with finding power sources.

A great location would be in the glovebox, perhaps behind that removable panel on the left, or in the usual place under the drivers side dash or behind the main console. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have a proclip phone mount currently using a cig lighter power cord, but proclip also sells a hardwire version of most phone mounts to run straight to a 12V power source. Does anyone have any pics or experience with finding power sources.

A great location would be in the glovebox, perhaps behind that removable panel on the left, or in the usual place under the drivers side dash or behind the main console. thanks for any help.
If you don't get any responses, go to the Prius Chat forum. Search for Power outlet or switched outlet. Pretty much the same car and I remember several threads on this with both switched and always on sources discussed. I just got lazy and brought the lighter socket I bought to a radio shop and asked how much to mount it on the console near the firewall on the passenger side. I also have the ProClip mount and leave it plugged in and use the blue tooth streaming all the time. It is a switched outlet. I am not sure it is a good idea to have an always on source given the small size of the 12 volt battery.

I don't think it is worth the trouble to hard wire it, I just wanted the little door on the cigarette power closed and it does make a difference, but a lighter type socket low down on the side of the console is not at all obtrusive.

As I remember, the easiest thing to do is tap off the back of the cigarette lighter. It is fairly easy to remove the sides of the console and then you can just tie into the wires behind there, drop them to the side and mount your accessory outlet.

The only problem I have had is that my wife has knocked out the plug with her leg and I didn't notice, but that isn't bad for several months. It does a good job of charging my IPhone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts